PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to provide general office support to members of the Ventures operations team by staffing the front desk, performing clerical duties, and assisting with administrative projects as needed.
Ventures Reception and Front Desk (50%)
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish - this position must be able to greet and assist Spanish-speaking guests in person, email, and phone – please do not apply if you do not have at least intermediate Spanish language skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with high degree of attention to detail
- Strong computer & technology skills, including MS Office Suite
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to complete projects unassisted
- Demonstrated success in similar positions
- Experience with low income individuals and people from diverse backgrounds
- Exposure or experience in the nonprofit sector
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Department: Operations
- Tax Class / FSLA Status: 32 hours per week, full benefits, non-exempt
- Supervisor: Interim Associate Director, Laura Fletcher
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (includes a 30-minute lunch break each day) with occasional evening commitments
- Location: “The 2100 Building” - 2100 24th Avenue South, Suite 380, Seattle, WA 98144
- An employment offer will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The employee must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment, speak and listen on the telephone, and accurately see and interpret columns of numbers.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity) or any other classification protected by law.
Click here for more information.