The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Business Services Development Officer
Dec 17, 2018
We are hiring a Business Services Development Officer (BSDO) who is accountable for the creation and execution of our sales delivery model to achieve targeted performance and growth in the credit union’s small business deposit segment. This position is responsible for developing and managing the suite of business account products and services, planning and achieving sales and strategic goals, and the overall operational performance of the Business Services department.
This role acquires new small business relationships and deepens and retains existing relationships. The BSDO manages a support staff that aids in delivering comprehensive financial solutions to small businesses. This role spends the majority of its time in the field meeting with our established network of business owners, working with branch staff, and meeting with potential business members. The BSDO also trains frontline staff to become the primary point of contact for small business customers in our branches.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We are honored to be a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row and one of Seattle Business Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" over the years.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute a business and marketing plan for the credit union’s small business program
- Implement sales management routines to prospect and acquire new business, generate referrals, and deepen and retain existing small business clients
- Grow and strengthen the credit union’s deposit products and services offerings to meet small business member needs
- Collaborate with the Director of Member Experience, Commercial Loan Officer & Regional Sales Manager to realize the vision for our sales culture
- Manage key small business vendor relationships
- Hire, onboard, and manage business services support staff
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of internal and external small business program materials and resources
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate and improve operational processes, procedures, and service quality
- Deliver monthly reports and manage the department’s portfolio of business
- Remain current on best practices, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology trends that may affect functional area
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance, communication, or management or five years or more of equivalent professional experience is preferred
- Five or more years of leadership experience on an outside sales team is preferred
- Three or more years of experience in outside sales and/or business development in either the financial services industry or business-to-business sales is required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Experience working directly with small business clients is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of direct reports and peers to achieve goals, enhance productivity, and maintain positive morale
- Ability to create and implement a business plan aligned with organizational strategic direction and vision
- A customer service focus with a proven track record of meeting client needs
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Highly developed networking, negotiation, interpersonal skills
- Highly developed sales and cross-sales skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information to solve problems and make sound decisions
- Flexibility and capacity to prioritize and multitask and competing priorities
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Proficient PC and Microsoft Office skills with the ability to learn new software
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Effectively communicate with diverse staff, members, and vendors
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to travel within an assigned market
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds