At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Community Affairs Manager (CAM) is responsible for effectively positioning U.S. Bank as a leader in the community and works closely with market leadership to achieve market/region Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals. The CAM sets the direction for local market Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance, community grants, civic sponsorships and builds strategic relationships with organizations that align to the CSR strategy to drive community, employee and business impact. In the role the CAM will build and sustain local market relationships and partnerships with community, civic and nonprofit organizations to support company objectives and help meet community needs.
- Builds and sustains local market relationships and partnerships with community, civic and nonprofit organizations to support company objectives and help meet community needs.
- Actively represents U.S. Bank in community and economic development initiatives by developing and maintaining strategic alliances with local advocacy organizations. Where community agreements exist, serves as primary contact between bank and local organizations.
- Directs local Foundation grant strategy. Reviews, analyzes and approves grant applications in accordance with market leadership ratified strategy and shares impact reports for funded initiatives at regularly schedule local market leader meetings.
- Communicates and guides local market Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance and assists in the formation of action plans with regional lines of business for Lending, Investment and Service CRA gaps.
- Partners closely with CRA Data, Strategy & Analytics Team to regularly review CRA performance-to-goal reports and, as needed and assists with collection of information for the CRA exam and performances context; provides local insights on branch closure analysis.
- Directs local employee engagement strategy including placement of leadership on local boards and signature volunteer activities with support from the Employee Engagement Team.
- Sets direction for local market community sponsorships and signature civic programs to drive community impact.
- Guides strategy of local Employee Giving Campaign.
- Coordinates local disaster community relief/recovery response efforts.
- Partners with Communications, Government Affairs and Marketing to communicate impact of community partnerships both to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree
- Seven or more years of experience in community outreach, grant making and economic development activities
- Thorough knowledge of the CRA
- Seven or more years of grant making experience
- Thorough knowledge of the organization’s products and services
- Well-developed ability to communicate technical information
- Basic strategic planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills