Join our team! You could play an important role at Cocoon House.
We empower young people, families, and communities to break the cycle of homelessness through outreach, housing and prevention. Through our programs, we serve hundreds of youth and their families throughout Snohomish County. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.cocoonhouse.org
Here is more information about our Events Engagement Officer
Job title: Events Engagement Officer, Full Time
Pay: $26.00 to $31.00 per hour, DOE
Benefits: Eligible for benefits after 60 days
Reports to: Director of Development & Community Relations
The Events Engagement Officer is expected to develop and build a strong fundraising plan for two major special events (auction and luncheon), third party events, sponsorship and a holiday program. In addition, they will play a vital role in the execution of agency strategic goals, assist with donor stewardship, overseeing Cocoon House’s speaker’s bureau and supporting the DCR team. The Events Engagement Officer will support the overall fundraising program, build long-term sustainable relationships with donors in the community, and work with the Director of DCR and the Community Engagement Officer on a long-term strategy to support the future sustainable growth.
• Oversee the planning and execution of major fundraising special events: SILK (auction) and Butterfly Celebration (luncheon) and meet, or exceed, the revenue goals • Responsible for stewarding current, and getting new, event sponsors. Ensure sponsors utilize their benefits, have a good experience with our events and meet revenue goals for event sponsorship
• Work with DCR team to coordinate holiday giving for youth in Cocoon House programs • Create and maintain a speaker’s bureau for Cocoon House with folks that can speak on behalf of the agency and help to expand our reach and network
• Support deposits by ensuring accurate information in entered into the database and that deposits are reconciled with finance and donors are thanked in a timely manner
• Work with Director of DCR, Community Engagement Officer, and the Board and engage them as appropriate in developing relationships with key supporters.
• Support fundraising efforts through social media, community engagement, speaking engagements, and more.
• Strategically participate on behalf of Cocoon House in community events and external organizations to develop new relationships for the Agency.
• Stay up-to-date on best practices in fund development and community engagement and bring knowledge to Cocoon House to best support fund development strategy for Agency.
• Support fellow DCR team members and other duties as assigned.
• Three to seven years successful experience in fundraising in Snohomish County required, preference for experience in fund development in Snohomish County.
• Verifiable track record of successful Auction planning, implementing and follow-up highly preferred.
• Must be committed to the mission of Cocoon House: empowering young people, families and the community to break the cycle of homelessness through outreach, housing and prevention.
• The ideal candidate possesses integrity, is friendly and professional, organized, hard-working, donor-centric, highly motivated, and has a passion for fund development.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of high impact donors and community supporters
• Demonstrated success with overseeing fundraising events and auctions
• Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional at working with diverse groups of people.
• Excellent public speaking, and written and oral communication.
• Experience in development and administration of budgets and work plans.
• Availability to work varied hours, including nights and weekends as necessary.
• Skilled in Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. Donor Perfect or Raiser's Edge/NXT experience highly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality.
• Valid Washington State driver's license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance, or the ability to fulfill timely and extensive travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
• Ability to pass a DSHS Criminal Background check
• Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor stairwells in case of emergency.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Hear voice conversations and alarms.
• Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth perception, visual ability to read a variety of materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate youth files and logs.
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities if requested.
Cocoon House is strongly committed to removing barriers and supporting inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere for young people, families, staff, board members, community partners and funders. We learn from the diverse individuals we work with and embrace their unique attributes to ensure we fulfill our agency mission and core values. Cocoon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law.
People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce, committed to working in a multicultural environment and we strongly encourage applications from veterans, and marginalized populations; including people of color, women and those in the LGBTQ community. We encourage those with personal experience with homelessness to apply.
If you’re interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter, along with your personal email address, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Check out all of our employment opportunities at http://www.cocoonhouse.org/employment