The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Nov 14, 2018
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to provide information on the credit union’s profitability, solvency, stability, and liquidity. This position is responsible for maintaining the Asset Liability Management model (ALM) focusing on Economic Value and Net Interest Income (NII) simulations. The Financial Analyst performs additional analysis and “what if” simulations to the credit union’s balances sheet and income statement. Our ideal candidate for this role is highly collaborative, service-focused, detail-oriented, and focused on delivering high quality results.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We are honored to be a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row and one of Seattle Business Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" over the years.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
Job Duties & Functions:
- Operates, updates and maintains the credit union’s ALM model
- Prepares financial forecasts and related reports
- Monitors and reports on the credit union’s daily cash and liquidity position
- Maintains the credit union’s product and branch profitability models and makes recommendations, as required
- Monitors the credit union investment portfolio, performs analysis, and makes recommendations to optimize portfolio cash flows and returns
- Provides support to the CFO and works on other projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience at a financial institution is required.
- Experience with asset liability modeling software is strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Understanding of fixed income securities and markets are required.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications is required.
- Experience using Foresight is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of the financial industry.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
TO APPLY: https://goo.gl/iH4hyJ
- Position requires the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with a diverse staff and group of vendors.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to visually recognize, reconcile, and verify numerical details for accuracy.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.