Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We will always be genuine and authentic, engaging in truthful interactions for the betterment of our communities, the people there, and their wallets.
Traditionally, banking is more about the increase of short-term profits. At Verity, we are looking at the long-term effects of our decisions and how they impact staff, members, and the communities we serve. Verity understands that a strong community is made up of strong individuals, and a thriving community helps its residents thrive. As individuals we are strong, but as a team, we have the ability to be exceptional. Join our team and be a part of the Verity difference.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We were recently honored as a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row and as one of Seattle Business Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the fifth year in a row!
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
We are looking for a full-time Accountant I to support the goals of the credit union and the Accounting Department by providing excellent accounting support primarily to internal customers. Along with general accounting, major duties include: accounts payable processing, daily account balancing, completion of both internal and external reports, and assisting the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
Ideal candidates for this position work independently, have strong attention to detail, and a service focus. Educational background in Accounting or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred. Professional experience working in an financial institution is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Click here for more information.
- Accounts Payable -processing/disbursing/archiving
- Review vendor invoices and calculate use tax payable.
- Research vendor or employee questions about invoices and payments.
- Reimburse expenses for employees and board members, including dental, TMP and wellness subsidies.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Assist in Month-end/Quarter-end Close Process
- Complete and file internal and external reports, and tax forms as assigned.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Update weekly product rates.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and backup for other job functions within the department.