GSBA is searching for a contract Graphic Designer to support our organization. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years working professionally as a graphic designer, conception, creating and executing both digital and print campaigns, collateral and promotional materials, and design and layout for both print and digital publications.
GSBA is the largest LGBTQ and allied chamber of commerce in North America, founded in 1981. The mission of the organization is: “To combine business development, leadership and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all”. GSBA is a 501(c)(6) with approximately 1,300 active members, a print and online business directory, and several events for business training, networking, and fundraising throughout the year.
The GSBA Scholarship Fund is the oldest LGBTQ and allied scholarship fund in the nation, founded in 1991. The mission of the fund is: “To invest in the education of a diverse group of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and allied students who have the capacity and vision to be the next generation of leaders working to create a better world for all”. GSBA Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3), with a historical record of approximately 465 previous scholars, 46 active scholars, and approximately 2,000 active donors to the fund.
The Greater Seattle Business Association, and the GSBA Scholarship Fund are two separate brands under one parent entity (parent brand) GSBA, with shared resources such as: allocated staff time, office space, office infrastructure, and IT and software resources. For the purposes of this RFP, GSBA will refer to both the Greater Seattle Business Association and the GSBA Scholarship Fund collectively.
- Effectively communicate messaging of GSBA’s mission, core values, and desired actions in all digital and print material
- Collaborate closely with Director of Communications to develop art direction, timelines, and priorities
- Plan concepts based on thorough research understanding of business goals, style guidelines and brand strategy
- Guides creative development through multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, final artwork, and production oversight
- Conception, creating and executing digital and print campaigns
- Creating and designing collateral and promotional materials, web design and print and digital publications
- Adept at turning complex or abstract concepts and information into design solutions that effectively communicate message or desired action
- Ability to guide creative development through multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, final artwork and production oversight
- Demonstrates ability to articulate ideas and present information using numerous design strategies to reach and influence small and large audiences
- Solution-oriented professional with an ability to effectively accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and must be able to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Completes projects on deadline while coordinating with outside agencies, printers or other vendors as needed
- Knowledge and ability to assess production standards, timelines, and quality of item being produced
Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Cloud and familiar with a range of other design and multimedia software and applications
- Must be comfortable using collaborative software such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Files, Airtable, or similar collaborative software
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with design and layout of print publications such as magazines or newsletters
- At least 1-2 years’ experience with electronic art production exporting assets for various digital, online, and social media platform specifications, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Understanding of basics of brand care and parent brand structure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of computer file organization and ability to maintain libraries and archives
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Graphic Design degree a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of and cultural competency of working with, the LGBTQ community
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of voices
- Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to self-motivate
- Strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with a business organization or a Chamber of Commerce a plus
- Knowledge of video production, motion graphics, and editing a plus
How to Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and links to online portfolio or work products to: email@example.com. Incomplete bids will not be considered.