Mary’s Place empowers homeless women, children, and families to reclaim their lives. We operate a women’s day center, two 24x7 family centers, and seven emergency family night shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside, together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources.
We are seeking a motivated and resourceful individual to join our team at Mary’s Place as our Human Resources (HR) Director. This position is responsible for all aspects of the human resources function: benefits, HR administration including performance and salary review, and additional projects that will help enhance the culture of the work environment at Mary’s Place.
• Establish office hours at multiple locations and engage directly with all levels of employees at Mary's Place locations with coaching and employee relations
• Develop and lead staff trainings on various HR topics ensuring that staff have the tools to effectively perform their jobs
• Oversee and administer the recruiting process including hiring events, posting ads, resume review, screening and background checks
• Enhance current onboarding process and training
• Schedule and lead all new hire orientations
• Ensure employee handbook is up-to-date with current and applicable policies
• Work with management to develop compensation and job evaluation plan that includes performance and salary review processes
• Oversee benefits administration and collaborate with benefits brokers to ensure a strong plan is available to employees
• HR administration including management of employee files
• Ensure organization is in compliance with federal, state, and city regulations as they relate to changes in employee policies and hiring practices
• Other tasks as assigned
Click here for more information.