We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition, will manage a team of talent acquisition professionals to continuously develop, evaluate, and implement recruiting strategies.
- Oversees the standard sourcing and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit, assess, hire, and engage a qualified workforce.
- Implements recruitment metrics to measure successful hiring (turnover, etc).
- Consults with department heads to define needs of department and position requirements as needed.
- Recruits and interviews for both sensitive and high-visibility positions.
- Participates in professional development activities to build skills, keep abreast of new technology and increase knowledge of changes in employment law.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills by clearly defining goals, providing motivation and building trust among employees.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of role descriptions for direct reports.
- Works with direct reports to establish their annual goals in alignment with corporate strategy and are consistent with role descriptions.
- Anticipates the needs and/or concerns of employees and coworkers and responds accordingly within departmental guidelines.
- Prioritizes coworkers/employees’ needs and responds with value-added solutions.
- Demonstrates and encourages teamwork, synergies, and open communication to foster a team-oriented environment.
- Partners with internal clients to understand the line of business, department culture, and job specifications to fulfill their staffing requirements with qualified candidates in a timely manner.
- Follows standard HR project management methodology.
- Communicates effectively with team members and clients through regular status meetings and correspondence.
- Manages deadlines and deliverables to ensure all elements of the project are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews procedures and implements process improvements.
- Supports Human Resource Department initiatives.
- Offers continuous suggestions to enhance revenue and cost effectiveness.
- Works with department director to reduce expenses and control costs.
- Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley and OFCCP compliance.
- Implements and promotes diversity initiatives.
Click here for more information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in the area of full cycle, multi-level talent acquisition in a corporate environment.
- Special training/certification in Human Resources Management.
- Previous experience in managing a team of HR professionals.