This position is responsible promoting and selling Seattle and the region as a convention and meeting destination for associations, corporations and tournaments. We are looking for a polished professional with strong hotel sales experience who has demonstrated the ability to manage a sales territory and large account base. Must have exceptional customer service skills, be able to foster relationships and work with a wide variety of people. The ideal candidate will also have comprehensive knowledge of the Seattle area, have a strong service approach with all whom they interact and be a creative problem solver with endless energy and enthusiasm for promoting Seattle and our partners. This position will work out of our Seattle office.
Click here for more information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primarily responsible for generating approved leads for Washington State Convention Center and hotel bookings from assigned market segment(s), which may be revised annually. Ideal candidate would be based in Seattle selling into the Southeast US and the Sports market segments.
- Generates and manages sales leads; presents space rate proposals and competitive, creative bids to clients to win business.
- Creates and maintains client base in the assigned market; builds relationships and networks with association and corporate meeting clients, plus sports business opportunities for Seattle and the region.
- Manages an annual room night goal to be achieved from a combination of tentative and definite bookings within this market.
- Analyzes total group spend to effectively yield manage prospective business.
- Actively prospects for new business in assigned market, using the value added/ROI approach.
- Provides the very best customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Attends tradeshows, sales missions, client events, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business.
- Coordinates and conducts city site inspections for meeting planners; showcasing facilities, attractions and partners in the city.
- Maintain research on competition regarding marketing and sales strategies.
- Performs other related duties, special projects and assignments as required.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of hotel industry sales experience required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and business demands.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Delphi, D3K, or other relational sales management database.
- Ability to operate computer, fax, Outlook, PDA and general office equipment including tablets, desktop and laptop computers.