The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Prevention Case Manager PrEP
Aug 9, 2017
Lifelong's mission is to empower people living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and/or other chronic conditions to lead healthier lives.
The Prevention Case Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of targeted outreach programs, services, and events to the MSM (men who have sex with men) population in Seattle/King county and Snohomish County. They will also assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive PrEP Case Management program for persons at high risk for contracting HIV who qualify and choose PrEP treatment.
The Prevention Case Manager will provide comprehensive Case Management services to our clients including working with clients on multiple life domains.
The Prevention Case Manager reports to the Prevention Program Manager. This is a regular full time, non-exempt, union position.
- The Prevention Case Manager will recruit Persons at High Risk for HIV into PrEP navigation services,
- Provide PrEP education and psychosocial case management services and support in cooperation with our clinical partnership with Planned Parenthood and other clinical partners.
- Provide PrEP navigation assistance for clients with accessing healthcare, insurance, financial assistance, adherence planning, and PrEP treatment planning.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of outreach and HIV testing in venues and environments where high risk sexual activity is prevalent including bars, bathhouses, sex clubs and other social and community venues.
- Maintain and update client records and notes, including client tracking; required information reporting; progress notes; and other client documentation according to departmental standards while utilizing a computerized Case Management information system.
- Collaborate with other AIDS Service Organizations. Identify and/or assist with the development and distribution of information and materials promoting risk reduction and commitment to sexual health and safety.
- Build collaborative relationships with Planned Parenthood health center staff and Primary Care Coordinator. Provide staff education and training as needed.
- Manage distribution plans for condoms and other safer sex materials to targeted community venues and activities.
- Serve as liaison between Lifelong and agencies, organizations and businesses serving gay, lesbian and bisexual populations.
- Monitor and participate in evaluation of program efficacy and success.
- Assist in the completion of monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Perform all assigned duties of position.
- Attend team and all-staff meetings, trainings, and events.
- Build awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS.
- Assist periodically with walk in client needs, covering the front desk, and with group facilitation.
- Work with staff and clients of diverse socio-economic, ethnic, lifestyle and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Maintain strict professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Maintain regular and reliable hours as negotiated with your supervisor.
- Participate in Lifelong’s Employee Performance Management Process.
Click here for more information