ProjectCorps™, a leading strategic project and portfolio management firm in Seattle, seeks Senior Business Analyst with exceptional consulting skills for work in diverse business environments to expand and enhance our clients’ program and project management capabilities.
Qualified senior business analyst candidates will have demonstrable experience showing increasing levels of responsibility developing and supporting successful business transformation. Given minimal guidance and direction, the Senior Business Analyst will perform in various functions such as:
- Rapidly acquire in-depth knowledge of critical business processes and recommend changes that best utilize applications.
- Analyze current software applications and identify opportunities to improve efficiency of critical business processes.
- Discover, document, analyze, prioritize, and manage requirements of all types relevant to the project through to the final product.
- Collect and analyze relevant data, provide reports to key stakeholders
- Document and define testing plans, scenarios, use cases, test cases.
- Lead functional testing efforts for enhancements, fixes and upgrades
- Research, respond to and resolve inquiries, issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Assure proper documentation, and communications of assigned project engagements.
- Listen, learn and incorporate feedback from management, staff and project teams on expectations, deliverables and overall project control.
- Knowledge and experience in program and /or project management methodology, and industry standards and best practice.
- Knowledge of multiple software development lifecycle management methodologies and tools (SCRUM, Agile, RUP, etc.)
- Takes initiative to proactively identify and address risks, issues, and problems on the project.
- Proactively presents solutions to the client
- Experience in diverse industries and business subject areas
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate diverse teams, stay on task and meet goals using a variety of methods
- Understands and follows the consultative approach as part of core work style.
- Disciplined, organized, and team-oriented work style
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide clients through complex transformations using unconventional methods to break habitual and limiting behaviors
Click here for more information.
- BA/BS required MBA, MS preferred
- 10+ years of experience on increasingly complex projects
- 5+ years working as with consulting firms or as an independent contractor.
- Experience in both business operations and IT, a plus
- Knowledge of database principles and multiple RDMS (SQL, Dbase, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with best practice methodologies and frameworks (ITIL, Lean Six Sigma)
- Strong abilities with database query and reporting tools
- In depth knowledge of Excel, Access, and other tools
- Strong capability with Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience with MS Project or other project management software.
- Ability to travel to Client sites, as needed.