This position provides administrative and project support to the Seattle Sports Commission (SSC) through the facilitation of marketing, promotion and public relations initiatives.
Competitive salary plus benefits package which includes a Paid Time Off program, 10 paid office holidays, employer-paid medical, dental and vision, ORCA card and 401k with employer matching.
Essential Job Functions:
Event and SSC Marketing
- Assists Executive Director and Director of Events and Sports Development in development and updates of SSC Annual Marketing Plan and Calendar of Events. Coordinates, updates and communicates the SSC Annual Marketing Plan and Communications Calendar, covering all SSC events.
- Coordinates and manages marketing projects including: Creative, Event Branding, Media Partnerships, Website, Social Media, E-marketing (newsletters), Grassroots Promotions and Promotional and sales collateral.
- Maintain rolling business plan reflecting workflow and deadlines for SSC.
- Provides research and data to Executive Director to establish target demographics for each event or initiative.
- Manage deliverables for SSC event sponsorships.
- Maintain and update the SSC’s website.
- Train and supervise interns on website maintenance platform.
- Develop, maintain and report strong utilization across social media platforms.
- Oversee the creation and publishing of the monthly newsletter, “Sports Blast” and other electronic communications, with ultimate responsibility for the content and execution. Develop and grow distribution list.
- Manage Communications Calendar and keep team on event and project timelines.
Corporate Partnerships: Assist the Business Development Manager and the Partner Services team in supporting the SSC’s Corporate Partnership Program.
Public Relations: Collaborate with Public Relations team to maintain consistent and timely promotion of SSC events and initiatives.
Metrics: Works with the VS team to assist on reporting on the following metrics for all targeted, hosted and owned SSC events.
- Economic Impact
- Room Nights
- Media Value
- Attendance / Participation
- Financial Success of the Events (both projected and actual)
Reporting: Reports weekly to the team on marketing metrics to be shared with the board.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of the interns.
- Copy, fax, mail, ship, and file materials for the department, as needed.
- Utilize the internet and other sources to conduct various research projects associated with sports events, economic impact, marketing, etc.
Click here for more information.