ProjectCorps™, a leading strategic project and portfolio management firm in Seattle, seeks Senior Project and Program Managers with exceptional consulting skills to work in diverse business environments to expand and enhance our clients’ program and project management capabilities.
Project / Program Manager Candidates will have demonstrable experience showing progressive leadership including leading large programs or projects with successful results. Successful candidates will be lifelong learners with hunger to improve and develop themselves and serve their clients’ best interests. Given minimal guidance and direction, the candidate will:
- Be able to define and lead large, complex teams with membership drawn from business, technical, and vendor sources.
- Interact closely with the client and partners to define the program or project scope and to develop detailed project artifacts as defined by the client’s project methodology.
- Translate customer requirements into schedules and tasks using knowledge of the industry and delivery methodology.
- Be able to recover troubled projects in-flight, provide leadership to drive changes and deliver success
- Assure proper conduct, documentation, and communications of assigned project engagements.
- Listen, learn and incorporate feedback from management and other project managers on expectations, deliverables and overall project control.
- Deep experience with program and /or project management methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to define, discover and manage project risks and issues
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple software development lifecycle management methodologies and tools (SCRUM, Agile, RUP, etc.)
- Strong experience with structuring and executing change management processes and procedures
- Experience in diverse industries and business subject areas
- Ability to manage multiple projects inflight simultaneously
- Understands and follows the consultative approach as part of core work style.
- Disciplined, organized, and team-oriented work style
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS required, MBA or MS in appropriate field preferred
- PMP certification required, or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to manage projects end-to-end
- 10+ years of direct program and/or project experience on increasingly complex projects
- 5+ years working as a consultant or as an independent contractor.
- Strong capability with Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Must be adept with MS Project or other project management software
- Ability to travel for Client work as needed
Click here for more information.