Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Social media marketing is constantly changing and evolving. Our goal for social media at Brooks Running is to build our brand as the #1 Brand for all who run and are active and build deep relationships with our fans through our core social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Brooks Running is seeking someone to lead the day-to-day planning and execution of our our social media marketing channels including input into strategy, campaign development and execution, and community management. The perfect Social Media Marketing Lead will be full of creative courage and social media know-how to help develop our brand stories, strategize to perfection, and execute with passion. With love for running, this candidate should be in tune to the running lifestyle and know what resonates with runners.
The No.1 requirement for the ideal candidate is that they live and breathe the social media way of life. Instagram? Definitely. Twitter? Without a doubt. Facebook? A must-have. What’s next and new? Only time will tell and the successful candidate has the passion, interest, and initiative to discover more, test new technologies, and pave our way to excellence in the ways we engage with and delight our consumers.
The ability to form a strong point of view and execute on brand is must-have. This individual will be able to visualize and build the plan for how our brand comes to life in our social channels in moments both big and small. The successful candidate is a creative problem-solver and is not afraid to lobby for out of the box thinking. They believe in and advocate for social ROI. They can articulate and evangelize the vision to all levels in our organization for our social media channels and the tone, look and feel of the conversations we have with our consumers in these channels. They will also demonstrate leadership and talent development skills both within the team and among peers.
- Own, strategize, execute, and grow the presence on Brooks Running Instagram, Brooks Facebook, Brooks Twitter.
- Lead execution of the Social Media brand strategy.
- Understand the running community and the topics that resonate with runners.
- Research and advise on new platform opportunities.
- Research and advise on new brand or sub-brand channel strategies
- Collaborate on brand social media strategy and strong point of views on how to utilize platforms to grow brand awareness and brand building.
- Oversee the editorial calendar, copy writing, content creation, and posting for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and additional platforms per business opportunities.
- Manage the social agency who executes daily community management, copy writing, etc.
- Creative direct and produce scrappy DIY brand content for social media channels and create content for different audience targets.
- Develop, manage, and execute daily and big moment social media campaigns.
- Manage, lead and develop the Social Media Marketing Coordinator and educate him/her about social media best practices and insights.
- Provide recommendations, guidance and execute paid campaigns for all of our cross functional partners.
- Engage with influencers to seed product, get content, and initiate discussions.
- Strategize, manage, and determine audience segmentation for paid budget and forecast revenue and optimize campaigns to ensure monthly revenue objectives are met.
- Manage social analytics and reporting for the channels. Have finger on the pulse of how our social channels are performing and bring data and insights to life.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or business and/or equivalent experience
3-5 years’ experience in social media for a consumer brand.
1+ year of management/lead experience, preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow social media presence across all major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
Creative thinker who is constantly looking for new ways to interact with our audience to illustrate how we Run Happy and stay on-trend with in social communities.
Strong copywriting skills with a social media edge and point of view.
Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company and our external partners.
Ability to present with confidence to key stakeholders and executives on a monthly basis.
Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
Demonstration of initiative and innovation – always looking at improving our presence and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
Embrace and live the Brooks values!
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.