We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
Manages the purchasing departmental daily tactical operations. Works within the HA Group on harmonizing and synchronizing efforts yet maintaining HAL’s brand identity. Partner with all Brand Group on projects and as directed. Manages bid calendars, demands, RFQ to vendors, analytics, award to vendors, exceptions, balance of contracts, contract start dates and end dates for all regional contracts and All Brand Global contracts. Measures and ensures vendor performance, deficiency, discrepancy and OPU resolutions. Supervises the performance of and builds a strong team within a positive and desirable work environment. Responsibilities include managing the performance of Buyers, Purchasing Agents and Sr. Buyers. Primary responsibilities include liaising with the Hotel Guest Experience, Onboard Revenue, and All Brand Group.
Ensures the most cost effective and efficient procurement of food and beverage by providing RFQs, analyzing and awarding contracts. Supports the Director of Supply Chain Guest Experience in RFQ development of all contracts.• Manages operations to ensure identification and achievement of lowest total delivered cost while maintaining the company’s quality standards.
• Validates bids and awards as approved by operations
• Establishes management tools to measure vendor performance worldwide.
• Prepares CGS and regional contract setup in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines.
• Makes recommendations for purchasing decisions on all contracts
• Determines and recommends purchasing policy and procedure within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
• Manages/oversees daily workload and projects of direct reports.
• Stays current with pricing trends and establishes budgetary guidelines
• Receives price quotes by competitive bidding to ensure the economical acquisition of high quality supplies.
• Manages the negotiation of purchase contracts, follow-up, scheduling and expediting of deliveries.
• Prepares and update Purchasing analyst manuals to facilitate standard procurement practices.
• Prepares monthly reporting such as OPU, deficiency, discrepancy and outstanding credits by ship and vendors
• Establishes Non-Financial Standards within the Purchasing department on a monthly basis.
• BS degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum five years related experience to include two years management experience in the food and beverage and or procurement environment, preferably within the cruise (or hospitality) industry required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Self-motivated team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple and potentially conflicting tasks in a challenging and fast paced environment.
• High degree of fluency in MS-Office Professional Suite, MXP, CrunchTime and/or other F&B-related purchasing software.
Click here for more information.