About Gender Diversity
Gender Diversity increases the awareness and understanding of the wide range of gender diversity in children, adolescents, and adults by providing family support, building community, increasing societal awareness, and improving the well-being for people of all gender identities and expressions. We offer over one dozen support groups for families and trans youth throughout the Puget Sound area, and have served more than 2,000 families since 2008. Recently, we’ve launched a new program, Trans Families (TF), designed to support parents of gender-diverse kids with message boards, online video support groups, and resources. Gender Diversity also has an exciting new teen leadership program, TYTAN, (Trans Youth Taking Action Now). Nationally, we provide trainings for K-12 schools, organizations, and agencies. We produce an annual conference called Gender Odyssey, which boasts a robust professional track as well as a thriving family track. All programs are guided by the belief that providing support for, and information to, parents, teachers, and other professionals leads to better health and wellness for gender-diverse children and their families/caregivers.
is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented and minority groups and are committed to maintaining a diverse staff.
Gender Diversity is a non-profit organization recognized as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity.
We are excited to announce this new part-time position. It is an important milestone in Gender Diversity’s growth and an opportunity to play an integral role in expanding Gender Diversity’s reach and impact. The Trans Families Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the growth and development of Gender Diversity’s website transfamilies.org
, most critically by supporting the stable and secure expansion of the site’s member base, extensive coordination of our Trans Families programmatic offerings, the incorporation of new content, video hosting, and user interaction.
The Trans Families Program Manager will work closely with Gender Diversity’s Managing Director and other Gender Diversity staff.
The Trans Families Program Manager’s responsibilities will include:
• Publish ongoing site content
• Lead marketing and outreach efforts to increase TF membership
• Screen and approve new TF members and complete intake procedures
• Coordinate site moderators, group facilitators, and site content contributors
• Schedule groups, webinars, and other programmatic offerings
• Coordinate (volunteer and paid) staffing of TF programmatic offerings
• Provide user support, training, and troubleshooting
• Work with Gender Diversity staff to maintain a cohesive design layout for the site
• Work with Gender Diversity staff to streamline site navigation and content
• Monitor web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent, and resolve issues
• Oversee API and identify ways to optimize site user experience
• Review, create, update, and manage user agreements and communications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but not required
• At least two years of relevant experience in WordPress
Required Skills and Qualifications
• High level of attention to detail, including accuracy
• Excellent written and oral communication including telephone
• Strong interpersonal skills including patience, compassion, and empathy
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Cultural sensitivity
• Commitment to human rights
If you have any of these additional skills or areas of experience, please do let us know in your application:
• Experience in Salesforce and Zoom.
• Experience maintaining API
• Graphic design skills
• Managing and operating large video conferences
• Project Management
• LGBTQ+ rights background
• Familiarity with gender diversity in children
This is a part-time position, which reports to the Managing Director. The starting base salary will be commensurate with experience. Position has the potential to become full time.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, two examples of prior work, and a list of three references with the subject line “Trans Families Program Manager Application” to info@GenderDiversity.org
. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled. Please note, Gender Diversity prefers to fill this opening immediately.