The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Credit Union Universal Banker - Greenwood
Dec 4, 2019
Greenwood - Seattle, WA
High School Diploma or Equivalent
$19.50 - $23.00 Base+Commission/month
We are hiring for a Member Consultant II at our Greenwood Branch that will be responsible for enhancing our members’ lives by creating trusted relationships. This position will bring our experience standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do business, finding ways to say “yes’, and valuing our members’ time. The Member Consultant II is primarily responsible for all member engagement including loan production and account origination, new member onboarding, and cross-selling additional products and services to empower our members’ financial lives. This position will also assist with in-branch transactions and member service requests to ensure a seamless member experience. (At for-profit financial institutions, this type of position is often called a personal banker or universal banker.) Ideal candidates for this role are flexible, service-focused, results driven, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We are looking for candidates that possess exceptional ability with interactive communication, decision making and problem solving.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee's own reviews.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member to understand their goals and help them build a plan to take action.
- Originate, process, and onboard new members.
- Originate, process and fund consumer, mortgage, and business loans.
- Capture relevant member information and input it into our CRM system.
- Protect our members’ confidence by adhering to security and compliance procedures.
- Value our members’ time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Assists with the branch operations, audits, and opening/closing procedures.
- Collaborates with branch team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Higher education in marketing, business, finance, communication, management is preferred.
- Relationship-focused sales and business development experience is highly desired.
- Three years or more of financial services or retail banking work experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong sales, networking and business development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Present positive and professional image to staff and members.
- Problem solving skills.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse staff, members, and vendors
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to travel within a assigned market
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.