Digital Advertising and Events Manager
Jun 3, 2020
United Way of King County
United Way of King County’s mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, and, accountability. We are currently seeking a Digital Advertising and Events Manager to join the Marketing Team.
This position helps United Way of King County connect with new donors—both online and in person. Charged with creating the annual advertising plan and strategy to attract and convert new donors, this person executes all digital advertising and works closely with the social media specialist and creative team on content. They work with the affinity group marketing team to create and execute an annual event plan—for both in person and virtual events. Position is accountable for budgetary preparation and compliance for assets of between $250-$400k. United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
The recruiting salary range is $73,500-76,500 – DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates and executes the annual digital advertising plan including remarketing, display and search ads on Google—as well as traditional media.
• Manages the development and implementation of fundraising and organizational special events for United Way of King County, various major donor cultivation and recognition events, and ad hoc events that capitalize on United Way’s community relationships.
• Selects and procures sites for special events; promotes events and works to ensure that they support the overall communication strategy of the organization.
• Negotiates and manages contracts with media organizations and event venue and vendors.
• Communicates directly with volunteer leadership including campaign chairperson(s), Million Dollar Roundtable chairs, and/or deputies to coordinate events, and acts as a trusted liaison from United Way of King County.
• Manages annual budget for advertising and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Marketing, Public relations or related field. At least five years’ experience in marketing, media and event planning. Previous volunteer management experience strongly preferred. Awareness of latest marketing/sponsorship trends and best practices helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated success with paid digital ads, specifically Google Ad Words • Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate United Way’s brand value • Proven project and events management skills with the ability to direct projects and people simultaneously • Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills • Strong strategic and organizational skills • Demonstrated time management skills including ability to manage multiple events in an efficient and resourceful manner • Proven team player and collaborator • Demonstrated high level of accuracy and thoroughness • Proven negotiation skills
JOB CONDITIONS AND DEMANDS
Job encounters frequent new and varied work situations due to the cyclical nature of volunteer leadership and annual redesign and management of events. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity or difficulty due to management requirements of multiple tasks and time constraints. Position determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new ideas and concepts. Position operates independently with minimal supervision. Job has responsibility for creation or innovation of new programs, methods, systems and procedures. Errors in work could impact United Way credibility and affect public relations.
Position works under constant time requirements/constraints in a hot/cold and noisy environment. Work requires attending evening meetings. Position requires occasional travel, the ability to work early mornings, late nights, and occasional weekends.
This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as deemed necessary by United Way of King County. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.