The Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion leads the development and implementation of company-wide diversity initiatives, tools and processes focused on the development of a diverse workforce in alignment with diversity strategies to achievement business objectives. The Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion provides strategic support to teams across BECU and partners closely with key employee groups to modify BECU’s BILD (Belonging, Inclusion, Leveraging Differences) strategy as needed. Additionally this role serves as a catalyst to ensure BECU’s diversity and inclusion practices evolve.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop, implement and lead BECU’s enterprise wide diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy, and ensure visibility to this strategy from across the organization.
- Partner with business groups and human resources leadership in the design and implementation of strategies and tactics to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce; collaborate with human resource sub functional areas to ensure diversity goals are met.
- Lead the growth and promotion of affinity groups and internal diversity councils/teams including ongoing communications; oversees the alignment of work plans; supports the start-up of new groups.
- Maintain a strong awareness of diversity issues and trends; educate others on the team and across the organization on diversity issues; coach and mentor line and corporate human resources on diversity issues and trends.
- Establish, analyze and provide metrics to management in order to help demonstrate areas of growth or prioritize areas for improvement.
- Coach and mentor managers and team members; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance.
- Cultivate partnerships with community members, community organizations, and suppliers aligned to our DEI vision, mission and goals for external employee development and experiences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, and/or equivalent experience required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of leadership experience in fast-paced, highly collaborative work environments required.
- Five to seven years of experience developing and/or facilitating the development of diversity & inclusion programs required.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Experience professionally developing employees is a must.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Experience leading simultaneous, cross-divisional initiatives and programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to produce meaningful metrics that drive and/or demonstrate ongoing improvements.
- Outstanding organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify, develop and drive adoption of new business solutions and strategies.
- Experience leading and working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.