Plum Projects LLC was founded in 2010 with origins derived from backgrounds in arts, fabrication and building in the field of construction. This diverse assortment of backgrounds has developed and shaped the company into who we are today and allows each one of our employees to be a contributing and essential team member to our company’s structure. We promote and practice a highly collaborative culture in which the build, design and fabrication teams collaborate to elevate the design of every project we work on. Through this collaborative culture we provide opportunities for mentorship, team support, professional development opportunities and encourage connections to our greater communities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented Project Lead & Designer who will work closely with design team to lead and design projects through all phases of work (As Built/Pre-Design through Construction Observation). Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background in constructing drawings sets, ability to learn new tools and methods and work well as a team as well as independently. The Project Lead & Designer will be responsible for:
- Pre-Design and Feasibility studies, code research and design presentations.
- Create, develop, and maintain BIM models through all phases of design and construction.
- Develop a well-documented drawing set through all phases of a project.
- Project Management and serving as a point of contact for clients.
- Tracking day to day project financials.
- Communicating and working closely with the build, design, and fabrication teams.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience of 5-8 years of experience with a focus on single family residential. Familiarity with single-family residential code and permitting in Seattle and surrounding metro a plus.
- Hold a Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree.
- Capability to lead and design on multiple projects of various sizes, scales, and budgets.
- Proficiency in Revit or ArchiCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite. Comfort with technology and ability to explore/learn new technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively through graphic and visual representation.
- Experience or interest in green and sustainable practices is a plus.
- Desire to keep learning and developing skills.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, Discretionary and 7 paid holidays
- Health insurance, dental insurance is optional and paid by employee
- Ability to actively work with a woodshop and construction team not just for projects but also research & development
- Flexible and creative working environment
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
Plum Projects is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants.