Title: Associate Demand Planner
Pay range 53-55,000 /year
Application Link: https://oxford.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/TommyBahamaUS/job/Corporate---SeattleWA/Associate-Demand-Planner_R28477-1
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men’s and women’s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great — through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing, operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
The Associate Demand Planner is responsible for supporting forecasting and development of inventory plans to ensure the right product is delivered at the right time to meet customer demand. The incumbent will work with the business teams and Demand Planners to consolidate, forecast, and plan SKU level inventory to meet company objectives. The Associate Demand Planner will partner with cross functional teams to support development of long-term category planning strategies that align with overall production strategy.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand demand forecast drivers – direct mail, key item placement in stores, emails, allocation strategy, etc.
- Consolidate projections by delivery at the style/color level for specialty stores and Sports.
- Consolidate Retail, eCommerce, and Wholesale sales orders by month at style/color/size level for purchase orders.
- Monitor sales orders from Wholesale against production calendar and existing orders.
- Analyze sales against purchases and adjust size scales in season to maximize sales and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Monitor Wholesale orders throughout the season and assess if original placed PO’s meet sales demand (units and timing) - determine need to chase and/or adjust existing purchase orders.
- Partner with DTC planning on monthly booking strategy for long-term carryover styles. Support planning strategies for core/key programs for new and existing styles.
- Monitor stock program to maintain inventory levels for Wholesale demand while meeting sales turn targets.
- Minimize surcharges by influencing omni channel buys in collaboration with Sourcing team.
- Assist in reporting sales versus purchases of oversold or excessive inventory levels.
- Determine and inform customer service, allocations, Wholesale, Retail and Ecommerce on styles that are sold up, oversold, or dropped by delivery and season.
- Participate in end of season production reporting – sales versus purchases.
Blue Cherry & Production Orders:
- Set up and maintain seasonal style master in Blue Cherry to include chase dates/days, season codes, price changes, etc.
- Set up/update seasonal cost sheets in Blue Cherry.
- Reconcile Retail and eCommerce buys in DTC assortment grid to allow for order uploads in Blue Cherry.
- Issue and maintain accurate record of all production purchase orders in Blue Cherry. Adjust quantities as needed and ensure accuracy of data including cost, dates, and style details.
- Communicate and adjust production purchase orders in Blue Cherry for transit delays based on business needs (i.e. floor sets, eCommerce publish dates, Wholesale order dates).
- Update photo asset attribute at the style/color level in Blue Cherry monthly for eCommerce online marketing.
- Act as point person for Blue Cherry import process to mass maintain season codes, delivery codes, TB delivery codes and exit dates.
- Assist with other duties and projects as required to help support the overall business.
- Constantly strive to improve process efficiency and streamline flow of information. Look for opportunities to automate repetitive and manual processes.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Generally, 2+ years sales forecasting, inventory and production planning experience, planning in a multi-channel environment preferred
- Experience in retail merchandising
- Excellent math skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of the production processes, lead-times, garment construction desired
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with cross-functional teams
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills with both peers and business partners
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to proactively identify business issues and develop creative solutions
- Communicates clearly and effectively – reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency when relevant
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time if necessary