Audit IT Assurance Associate - Fall 2023
Bellevue, WA, United States
Salary: $73,000-$84,000 Yearly DOE
To apply please visit this link.
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Interested? Get to know us better at gt.com/careers and read on to learn more how you’ll help us become even bolder:
What is IT Audit Assurance?
An IT Assurance Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of IT audit services to our clients. Responsibilities include testing and assessment of information systems control review engagements in support of financial statement audits.
Why become an IT Audit Assurance Associate at Grant Thornton?
As an IT Audit Assurance Associate at Grant Thornton, your primary responsibility will be to Evaluate and test IT controls and identify areas of risk. You will work alongside Partners, Managers, and Senior Executives as a member of the engagement team. Additional job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Applying current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other opportunities for overall process improvement.
- Maintaining professionalism and rapport with the client. Proactively interact with key client management to manage expectations, help ensure client satisfaction, meet client deadlines, and resolve any problems.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements.
- Participating in recruiting efforts as needed.
- To meet or exceed IT Assurance metrics (e.g. – billable hours, CPE, time delinquencies, etc…)
- Participating in other business development activities as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Desire to pursue CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Some related work experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering controls based services, auditing Information Technology General Controls (ITGC’s.) in support of financial statement audits to cross-industry clients and technologies. An understanding of generally accepted practices for testing Key Reports, and Application Controls a plus.
- Information Security experience or information security training is required.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At Grant Thornton, we believe in making business more personal and building trust into every result – for our clients and you. Here, we go beyond your expectations of a career in professional services by offering a career path with more: more opportunity, more flexibility, and more support. It’s what makes us different, and we think being different makes us better.