$3000 new hire bonus available!
FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate:: $66,289.60 annually
Link to Apply through ATS: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1370
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
Join our amazing CASA team, and receive a new hire bonus up to $3,000. This one time program is only available until Oct 1st.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
ABOUT CASA DE LOS AMIGOS: This program has 2 locations and 20 beds, serving clients ages 12-17, who have been placed in the program by the Office of Refugee Resettlement Department of Unaccompanied Children's Services (ORR / DUCS). The clients are unaccompanied minors, primarily from Central America, and the program’s goal is safe and timely reunification with family in the United States.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Clinician is responsible for providing mental health services to young people at YouthCare in the ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement) funded programs. Duties include initial mental health and risk assessments, one-on-one counseling sessions, facilitation, and planning of psychoeducational groups for young people, collaboration with case planning and completion of on-going assessment paperwork. This position requires a high degree of flexibility in responding to emergent needs of young people in crisis and good organizational and documentation skills.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- Verbal and written fluency in the English and Spanish. Counseling sessions are conducted in Spanish.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field of study. Must have licensure or affiliate licensure (or be able to obtain it within 90 days of hire).
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to a clear DCYF background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 year of experience successfully working with vulnerable young people (particularly immigrants or those within the Latinx population) or young adults in a crisis, during outreach efforts or in residential setting.
- Two years clinical mental health experience supervised by an MHP.