Title: Data Coordinator
Hours: Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
(some weekend and evening hours required)
Salary $22.50 hourly
Reports to: Director of Programs
Date: Open until filled
• Full healthcare, dental, and optical coverage offered.
• Generous vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and safe leave after successful completion of the 90-day introductory period.
• Gay City recognizes the importance of saving for retirement and offers eligible employees a 401(k) plan.
• Free ORCA Pass.
• Please submit cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
• Please use “Data Coordinator- Your name” in the subject line
Gay City’s Mission: Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center cultivates access and connections to promote self-determination, liberation and joy in our communities.
Gay City Values: Advocacy, Accessibility, Intersectionality, Sex & Body Positivity, Stewardship and Transparency.
The Data Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all data needs of Gay City’s programs. This includes client database maintenance, supporting data entry volunteers, along with data reconciliation and requests for reporting purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains and manages client records, including daily data entry and results, while ensuring the protection of client confidentiality. Works with HIV/STI Testing and other direct service staff to ensure quality control for data collection on client records and tracks chart life cycle to prevent data loss.
• Fields client data reconciliation requests internally, and from external stakeholders.
• Assists Wellness Center and other program managers in tracking deliverables and preparing reports for grant purposes. Compiles and analyzes client data for other internal purposes.
• Builds and adapts data systems to meet current needs.
• Supports referral structures across HIV/STI services and other social services both within and outside of the organization (this could look like tracking/recording successful referrals where possible).
• Maintains client phone numbers and appointment reminders as needed.
• Works with Volunteer Coordinator to train and support Data Volunteer Team to assist in regular data projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, including assisting with community engagement opportunities.
• Assists overall organization with designing data (data schema, data dictionaries, etc.) structures when needed to support program implementation and program evaluation.
• Assists with closing client encounters and uploading test results to patient portal, notifying appropriate person of any irregularity or reactive results.
• Demonstrated ability to serve all segments of the LGBTQ community and culture, especially including mindfulness and respect with regard to people’s pronouns.
• Knowledge and familiarity of issues impacting queer and trans communities with demonstrated ability to apply a lens of intersectionality, particularly with regard to race, class, gender, age and ability.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use sound judgment to determine appropriate course(s) of action in complex interpersonal situations.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and committed to delivering quality customer service.
• Friendly, engaging presence with an ability to establish and maintain close collegial working relationships both internally and externally.
• Established ability to maintain a high level of production while working independently.
• General proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software.
• Evening and weekend availability required.
• Experience working with medical record management software and confidential client data.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Access and Google Apps.
• Understanding of Salesforce and/or other similar donor and volunteer data maintenance tools.