Amara is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial and LGBTQIA+ equity by offering programs and services to families engaged with foster care and to adoptees and families, post-adoption.
At Amara, we believe that a supportive, equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels valued, trusted and nurtured, is key to shaping organizational culture and investing in underrepresented communities. Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strongly invite candidates from diverse backgrounds, including communities of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
The Development and Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing key administrative support to the fundraising and communications team. Through this role, the Development and Communications Coordinator will provide donor data and gift entry support, communications support, event logistics support, and other administrative support as needed to the broader team.
The Development and Communications Coordinator reports to Chief Philanthropy Officer and is a member of the Development and Communications Team. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily processing and acknowledgement for donor gifts.
- Database management support, including running reports, inputting donor information, and tracking donor contacts, among others.
- Grants support, including tracking funder information, maintaining grant records, submitting grant applications and reports, among others.
- Fundraising and friend-raising event logistics support.
- Communications support, including but not limited to supporting social media channels, coordinating enewsletters, coordinating print and digital communications, and managing website updates and maintenance.
- Provide staffing support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees (e.g. coordinating calendar invitations, compiling board packets, file management, etc).
- Support administrative needs of the Development and Communications Team (e.g. coordinating mailings and outreach efforts, coordinating external meetings, managing gifts and in-kind donation inquires).
We list our preferred qualifications and are open to candidates who can demonstrate their experience and/or education that supports their alignment with the skills we are seeking.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, equity and anti-racism:
- Experience working in racially and ethnically diverse environments;
- Demonstrated commitment to understanding and dismantling structural racial inequity;
- Desire to further personal understanding of racial and social justice work.
- 2+ years as providing administrative support or experience in nonprofits, fundraising, or communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced organizational skills and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates flexibility.
- Excellent customer service skills and enthusiasm for communicating in all forms.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to be at our Pierce and King County offices as requested.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with an hourly rate of $20 - $24 (annual salary of $41,600-$49,920), depending on experience. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical; health, vision, and dental insurance; 401k with a company match; and life and disability insurance. The successful candidate will have flexibility to work-from-home and will have office space in one of our locations in Pierce or King County.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to confidential client, employee, or financial information OR direct interaction with children, any final candidate hired into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check performed by the State of Washington. Any job offer is contingent on successfully passing this background check. A list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available at https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/FSA/bccu/documents/Secretary%27sCrimesListforALLPrograms.pdf.
To express your interest in this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter indicating why this position is the right opportunity for you in Smart Recruiters https://smrtr.io/6tZdC Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.