A career in our Private Company Succession practice, within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps private company leaders plan for business longevity and leadership transition. You’ll assist our clients with successor preparation, tax and insurance strategy, business valuation, internal transfer and divestiture.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Private provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success working with family enterprises or family offices as well as experience with industry leading practices among family offices.
Possessing experience with leveraging Microsoft tools as well as visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. to create client reports and deliverables.
Possessing experience within asset and wealth management operations, accounting, finance and/or tax.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs within professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Applying specialization to develop methodologies or solutions to address client needs;
- Sharing innovative engagement solutions via the firm’s knowledge management systems;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Creating and managing a full implementation plan;
- Deepening and broadening business know-how by knowing how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends; Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations;
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own and leveraging this information to adapt effectively their working styles;
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges;
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations;
- Taking the initiative to participate and seek to influence positively the outcome;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships, including those beyond the immediate sphere of interaction;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients; and,
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.