Aug 19, 2021
For more information please see: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/559abb26e4b06639d24a982c/t/6116a711dd2ce1296c03c3db/1628874513305/Fundrasing+Coordinator+FY21.pdf
Job title: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Director of DCR
Salary Range: $20-$22/ HR, DOQ
The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for supporting individual giving to Cocoon House as a member of the Development and Community Relations team. The Fundraising Coordinator will assist in the maintenance of the donor management database and complete data entry into multiple systems for the purpose of tracking donors, gifts, and communications and will engage in all levels of donor stewardship activities. This position will support the Associate Director of Development in all fundraising, marketing and communications tasks including drafting mass email communications, social media posts, event collateral, and assisting with event planning. The Fundraising Coordinator will provide occasional executive support for CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete data entry into Raiser's Edge, Constant Contact, 4 A Good Cause, and other software as needed
• Create and distribute donor acknowledgment letters
• Improve and maintain data quality of donor management database in Raiser's Edge
• Conduct donor stewardship activities such as prospect research, thank you calls, email and surveys
• Actively engage with the Benevon Model of fundraising
• Contribute ideas to social media marketing, email campaigns, direct mail appeals, and event planning
• Assist with planning and execution of special events such as SILK and Butterfly
• Procure items and experiences for fundraising auction
• Uphold agency work in the field of equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years of experience at a nonprofit agency in administration or development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Marketing communications experience
• Ability to inform the community of services offered by Cocoon House
• Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
• Communication skills for creating open, trusting relationships with service partners
• Experience with MS Office Suite, Raiser's Edge, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
• Mobility: ability to sit for long periods, move about an office, stand occasionally, reach above and below desk level
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes
• Lifting: occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do closeup work; ability to adjust focus frequently
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear typical speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments
• Must be able to be available with notice to participate in events where Cocoon House needs representation.
• Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor stairwells in case of youth emergency.
• Communicate effectively with youth, staff, other programs, vendors and the public, both orally and in writing.
• Hear voice conversations and alarms.
• Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth perception, visual ability to read a variety of materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate youth files and logs.
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities upon request.
It always has been and continues to be Cocoon House’s policy that employees should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination. All decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, work-related injury claim, veteran status, political ideology, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. Individuals will be selected for promotion based on skill and ability.