Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity, and Representation:
GSBA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications form people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce. The mission of GSBA is to combine business development, leadership, and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all. GSBA proudly serves as a connector across the region, bringing communities together through business while advocating for civil rights and small business. GSBA also promotes LGBTQ+ tourism through Travel Out Seattle, advocates for small businesses in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood through the Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), and invests in the next generation of LGBTQ+ and allied leaders through the GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund.
Description of Position
The Account Services Manager is a key position and acts as direct support to our membership & sponsorship teams. This person is responsible daily for interacting with our members and sponsors to ensure a smooth onboarding process and continued engagement to ensure strong relationship building and retention. This position reports to the Director of Membership & Programs.
Present a professional, welcoming contact to all members, sponsors, by phone, in person, and email. Responsible for member/sponsor benefits and advertising fulfillment, data entry of member/sponsor communication and resolution; organizational functions and member/sponsor meeting support.
This is an incredibly fun and fast-paced job for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and dynamic person who wants to use their skills and passion for small business, equality and education to benefit the LGBTQ+ community.
General and Administrative:
- Supports and engages with our existing members and sponsors.
- Ensures member/sponsor needs are met
- Maintains membership database including individual and company data.
- Communicates with member contacts, both orally and in written form.
- Responsible for member/sponsor benefit fulfillment as instructed by membership & sponsorship team (listings, advertising calendar, activation of benefits such as event tickets, etc)
- Managing filing systems.
- Providing general meeting support (virtual or in-person) including set up and break-down after member/sponsor meetings, or able to accompany Directors to off-site meetings
- Provide administrative support, as needed.
- Answering member/sponsor inquiries by phone or email
- Serves as main point of contact for “traffic control” for our members and sponsors
- Other duties as needed
- Experience with the LGBTQ+ Community is a must
- Outstanding customer service and project management skills
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Proactive, helpful, can do attitude
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic, fast paced work environment
- 2 years minimum administrative experience
- Professional written communication skills
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- Excellent computer skills including database entry, spreadsheets, word processing, email, web
- A sense of humor and the ability to work joyfully in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time non-exempt position an hourly wage of $28-$32 per hour.
Hybrid: mainly remote, however with flexibility to be available for scheduled in the office or off-site meetings.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage along with short-term disability insurance.
GSBA is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest (must include experience with LGBTQ+ community), resume and how you heard about this position to: Joey Chapman, Director of Membership, JoeyC@thegsba.org. Please include “Account Services Manager” in the subject line of your email.
The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found; therefore, it is recommended that you submit your materials as soon as possible.