Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity and Representation: GSBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce. The mission of GSBA is to combine business development, leadership and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all. GSBA proudly serves as a connector across the region, bringing communities together through business while advocating for civil rights and small business. GSBA also promotes LGBTQ+ tourism through Travel Out Seattle, advocates for small businesses in Seattle’s Capitol Hill Neighborhood through the Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), and invests in the next generation of LGBTQ and allied leaders through the GSBA Scholarship Fund.
Description of Position
This position is designed to increase visibility for GSBA’s business training, coaching and technical assistance program, as well as provide direct access and deliver training to support the small business and nonprofit community.
Main areas of work include:
- Outreach Work
- Create outreach campaign with assistance from membership team and MARCOM to increase visibility for GSBA’s program
- Connect with small businesses in Washington State with a focus on LGBTQ+-, BIPOC-, and women-owned businesses to assess need and interest in program
- Schedule and conduct one-on-one training sessions for small businesses with senior trainers
- Provide follow up resource materials for easy inquiries
OLS (ongoing grant)
- Assist Business Training Specialist & Grant Manager with developing outreach campaigns
- Activate campaigns and measure effectiveness
- Connect directly with small businesses in Seattle to increase regulatory training sessions
-Provide regulatory resources and tools to small businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Deliver existing business coaching curriculum in either group sessions or one-on-one meetings (Basics of Business)
- Support Small Business Management Consultant on more complex coaching sessions
- Provide follow up resource materials and tools for small businesses
- Provide data for grant tracking and fulfillment to Grant Manager
- Continually update CRM in Hubspot to track member and prospect relations, especially as it relates to training inquiries and follow up
Ready for Business
- Assist VP of Membership & Programs with scheduling Selection Committee timeline and meetings
- Review, prepare, and assign applications for final committee reviews
- Follow up with Ready for Business grant recipients to collect necessary information for payment, as well as additional connection for membership and wrap-around services
- Experience working with LGBTQ, multi-ethnic, and diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to take initiative, work independently, or as a helpful team member
- Commitment to GSBA, understanding the importance of small business, social justice values, and a personal commitment to equity and inclusion
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and be composed under pressure
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including a passion for detail and follow-through
- Comfortable presenting to larger groups
- Detail oriented to track engagement
- This job requires transportation to meet clients off-site
This is a non-exempt, hourly position starting at $24 per hour. Excellent employer paid benefits medical and dental, coverage along with short-term disability insurance and option to invest in an individual retirement account with an employer match.
GSBA is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
- In your letter of interest, please include the following for your application to be considered: How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to anti-racism and equity internally and externally?
- Send letter of interest and resume and how you heard about this position to: Ilona Lohrey (she/her), VP Membership and Programs email@example.com. Please include “Business Training Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
- The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received, and the position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. Therefore recommended, that you submit your materials as soon as possible.