The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Human Resources & Bookeeping Specialist
Sep 10, 2020
This position supports Ventures’ mission by providing human resources and accounting/bookkeeping coaching to Ventures clients. The Human Resources and Bookkeeping Specialist is responsible for meeting one-on-one with Ventures clients for human resources and bookkeeping consultations, assisting clients as they prepare and file taxes, and helping micro-business owners develop business plans to support sustainable and strong HR practices and businesses. In addition, the Human Resources and Bookkeeping Specialist will also offer periodic workshops on hiring, people management, taxes and other specialty topics. This position is funded by a grant from Washington State Department of Labor and Industries for 12 months, goal is to continue this position through subsequent grants.
- Starting Salary/Rate: $23-$28 per hour, 40 hours per week
- Subsidized Medical insurance–90% of premiums paid for by Ventures
- Dental insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Account
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized ORCA pass
- Annual professional development& workplace wellness spending allowance
- Generous paid leave, including 17 paid holidays per year; 17 to 22 paid vacation days per year (depending upon tenure); and 12 paid sick days per year
- Schedule:40 hours per week, flexible schedule, some evenings required
- Location: 2100 24th Avenue S., Ste 380, Seattle, WA 98144, due to COVID-19 all Ventures staff are encouraged to work remotely through December 31, 2020
- Desired Start Date: as soon as possible
Bookkeeping Coaching (50%)
- Provide empathetic, mission-driven bookkeeping support to Ventures clients\
- Meet with clients to set-up, review, and maintain bookkeeping systems
- Provide financial coaching around business planning and financial statements
- Assist micro-businesses as they prepare to file business taxes (City, State, Federal)
- Use one-on-one consultations as an opportunity to review client business plans and improve financial management strategies
- Assist clients with preparing the financial sections of a Ventures loan application
- Assist Peer Loan clients with cash flow projections and loan presentations
Human Resource Coaching (30%)
- Provide empathetic, mission-driven support to Ventures clients in best practices in human resources and planning –hiring, developing employee handbooks, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, employee safety, benefits and communication.
- Meet with small business owners to support them with human resource questions
Training and Curriculum Development (20%)
- Create and implement engaging workshops on financial concepts including: hands-on financials, tax preparation, and basic bookkeeping
- Provide resources and support to improve Ventures financial services curriculum
- Develop Human Resource curriculum for Ventures
- Train Ventures coaching staff on HR best practices for micro and small businesses
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Principles and practices of small business bookkeeping and human resources
- Small business bookkeeping systems including but not limited to Quickbooks
- Human resource management experience, especially with setting up systems and maintaining compliance
- Fundamentals of budgeting, cash flow, financial statements, accounts payable, etc.
- City, state, and federal tax preparation and filing, including: Schedule C, Washington State retail sales, use, and B & O taxes, and city tax filing
- Computer and technology systems including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Break down financials and financial terms to simple and accessible concepts
- Facilitate engaging and productive workshops and training
- Work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with diverse audiences
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurs from vulnerable populations
Experience & Education:
- Three or more years of human resources and bookkeeping or related experience at a small business
- The following are not required, but strongly encouraged for this position:
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Spanish language skills
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- The employee must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment, speak and listen on the telephone, and accurately see and interpret columns of numbers.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Laura Fletcher, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2020. No phone calls please.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity) or any other classification protected by law.