Plum Projects LLC was founded in 2010 with origins derived from backgrounds in arts, fabrication and building in the field of construction. This diverse assortment of backgrounds has developed and shaped the company into who we are today and allows each one of our employees to be a contributing and essential team member to our company’s structure. We promote and practice a highly collaborative culture in which the build, design and fabrication teams collaborate to elevate the design of every project we work on. Through this collaborative culture we provide opportunities for mentorship, team support, professional development opportunities and encourage connections to our greater communities.
Our team is focused on custom residential design, this role is intended to focus on the interior environment. Experience in interior design, product development, FF&E, casework design, and industrial design are all applicable to this position.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented Interior Designer/Product Lead who will work closely with not only the design team but also the fabrication team through all phases of design. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background, ability to learn new tools and methods and work well both as a team and independently. The Interior Designer/Product Lead will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with the design team to help shape the client’s experience in the space.
- Research and Development - Comfortable asking detailed questions, an iterative design process and leading the research and development efforts.
- Lead and serve as a point person for the Plum Projects Showroom.
- Develop a well-documented drawing set through all phases of a project.
- Be able to create and present vision and material boards, color palettes, selections, and specifications.
- Project Management and serving as a point of contact for clients.
- Tracking day to day project financials.
- Communicating and working closely with the build, design, and fabrication teams.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience of 4-8 years of industry experience; areas of experience could be product development, casework development, interior design, interior architecture or adjacent fields.
- Capability to lead multiple projects of various sizes, scales, and budgets.
- Proficiency in Revit or ArchiCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite. Comfort with technology and ability to explore/learn new technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively through graphic and visual representation including diagramming, sketching and renderings.
- Knowledge of sustainable practices and materials.
- Comfort welcoming and conversing with clients and public entering the Plum Projects Showroom.
- Desire to keep learning and developing skills.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, Discretionary and 7 paid holidays
- Health insurance, dental insurance is optional and paid by employee
- Ability to actively work with a woodshop and construction team not just for projects but also research & development
- Flexible and creative working environment
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plum Projects is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants.