Peter Shalit, MD, and Associates
Background: We are an LGBTQ-focused primary care medical clinic on First Hill in Seattle. Our mission is to provide culturally sensitive and medically appropriate health care to members of the sexual and gender minority communities, and their allies, in the Puget Sound region.
In addition to general medical care, we provide services specific to our queer community, such as gender affirming care, HIV treatment and prevention (PrEP), geriatric care for LGBTQ elders, and sexual health for people of all genders and sexual orientations. We are a small but busy practice with four health care providers and five support staff.
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Check incoming messages [phones, emails, text messages, portal, etc]
- Schedule appointments between providers and patients
- Prepare superbills and documentation for patients scheduled for same day add-ons and next day appointments
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors and patients
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff and patient information as per HIPAA regulations
- Adhere to office policy and procedures
- Check and sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Work with staff and providers to ensure proper flow
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision [rare but when needed]
- Request and send out Medical Records
- Liaise between medical professionals with discretion and professionalism
- Assist in other tasks as needed
- 2+ years of experience in a Receptionist role
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding (highly advantageous)
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Excellent documentation, communication and basic IT skills.
- A passion for healthcare excellence
Please send email with CV and/or biographical statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call Mark (Office Manager) at 206-624-1441