Multiple Administration Positions
Aug 23, 2021
Phinney Neighborhood Association
Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
The PNA is committed to building a culture of equity and inclusion, believing that a diversity of staff, Board, and programming is essential to achieving our mission. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with and challenge this organization and the community to be our most respectful, accepting, and sympathetic selves.
The PNA Administrative Assistant greets and provides general information about the PNA to the public, provide administrative support to PNA programs, receive and respond to phone calls/emails, and opens/closes the Phinney Center campus each day. Positions include a full time Administrative Coordinator, a part time evening Administrative Assistant, a part time weekend Administrative Assistant, and Administrative Substitute positions. All positions are 100% in person onsite. Hours will vary depending on the position, flexing around our hours of operation (Mondays-Saturdays, 8:30am to 10:30pm.) These positions report to the Administrative Director.
• Greet community members, receive and respond to phone calls and emails, and answer questions about the PNA to the public
• Provide administrative support to staff
• Respond to inquiries about events, current classes, and programs, and assist with scheduling and class registration
• Process payments for classes, membership, events, and donations
• Work with volunteers as needed
• Respond to inquiries regarding hourly rental space, schedule any last-minute room rentals, and process rental payments
• Prepare and secure rooms for instructors and PNA programs
• Open or close the buildings (depending on the position), including walking between buildings and locking classrooms and outer doors
• Communicate any concerns regarding renters or the condition of the buildings to appropriate personnel
• Two or more years of receptionist or administrative experience with a strong customer service background
• Willingness to unlock or lock buildings (depending on the position), walking both the interiors and exteriors of the buildings
• Ability to work independently, using good judgment to make decisions as necessary
• High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Team-orientation and appreciation for community-building mission of the PNA
• Experience working in a community center or nonprofit setting preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service, both internally and with community members
• Position requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, including room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs and walk between buildings on Phinney Center campus
• Ability to work in an open office environment
• Current First Aid/CPR training (provided by PNA if you do not have the training)
Depending on the position, hours will vary from 22 to 40 hours per week, paying $17-$19 per hour. Benefits include: health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks).
About the Phinney Neighborhood Association
Headquartered in a former elementary school, the PNA has developed an active community center that not only serves as a focus of the Phinney/Greenwood neighborhood, but offers programs and activities that reach far beyond the immediate neighborhood, at five different sites in Phinney, Greenwood, and Ballard. Current programs include four preschool cooperatives, a licensed preschool and school age program at Whittier Elementary School, a hot meal program, the Greenwood Senior Center, PNA Village, an art gallery, a tool lending library, a business membership program, family memberships, room rentals, and countless special events that bring friends and neighbors together. We co-sponsor a summer farmers market and weekly contra dancing and folk music concerts. The PNA serves over 27,000 people each year, has 60 staff, 1,300 volunteers, and an annual budget of $2.5 million. We offer a convivial and positive working environment. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally-diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter indicating which position(s) you are interested in, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions will remain open until filled