Office and Event Coordinator—Job Announcement
Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity, and Representation: GSBA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications form people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Organizational Background: GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce. The mission of GSBA is to combine business development, leadership, and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all. GSBA proudly serves as a connector across the region, bringing communities together through business while advocating for civil rights and small business. GSBA also promotes LGBTQ+ tourism through Travel Out Seattle, advocates for small businesses in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood through the Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), and invests in the next generation of LGBTQ+ and allied leaders through the GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund.
Description of Position
The Office & Event Coordinator is a key position and acts as the hub of communication. This person is responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions, as well as providing administrative support to the VP of Operations & other staff as needed.
Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all members, sponsors, vendors, board members, staff, media, etc. by phone, in person, and email. Responsible for data entry of event registrations and memberships; organizational functions and general meeting support.
This is an incredibly fun and fast-paced job for a creative, energetic, and dynamic person who wants to use their skills and passion for small business, equality and education to benefit the LGBTQ+ community.
General and Administrative:
- Responsible for ordering office & general supplies, monitoring inventory; maintenance of storage areas
- Responsible for maintenance of common spaces for appearance and functionality
- Managing filing systems.
- Providing general meeting support including set up and break-down after committee meetings
- Provide administrative support, as needed.
- Responsible for keeping office equipment maintained
- Responsible for all incoming/outgoing mail
- Answering phones
- Serves as main point of contact for any registration questions and/or issues
- Fields and answers general member questions regarding membership.
- Maintains membership database including individual and company data.
- Communicates with member contacts, both orally and in written form.
- Ensures memberships are properly invoiced for renewal
Program and Event Support
- Prepare for events by running registration lists and nametags
- Oversee and update Event Preparation Procedures
- Prepare meeting and event supplies
- Coordinate, with Events Manager, Pride events (parade, festivals)
- Support volunteer event chairs during major annual events
- Experience with the LGBTQ+ Community is a must
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proactive, helpful, can do attitude
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic, fast paced work environment
- 2 years minimum administrative experience preferred
- Professional written communication skills
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- Excellent computer skills including database entry, spreadsheets, word processing, email
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- A sense of humor and the ability to work joyfully in a fast-paced environment.
Wage: This is a 20 hours/week part-time non-exempt position an hourly wage of $24-$26 per hour. Hybrid with 1-2 days in the office.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage along with short-term disability insurance.
GSBA is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest (must include experience with LGBTQ+ community), your resume and how you heard about this position to: Rachel Chernin, VP Operations & Dir. of Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Office Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found; therefore, it is recommended that you submit your materials as soon as possible.