Aug 19, 2020
● Meet with policy makers and elected officials to discuss the GJL Policy Agenda.
● Develop relationships with community members who are experiencing houselessness,
● Support community members while they are sharing their stories with elected officials and the general public to create systemic change.
● Generate visibility and political pressure on issues that impact our communities.
● Advocate for equity and justice on issues such as housing and homelessness, workplace discrimination, anti-Black racism, healthcare discrimination, prisoner rights, police violence, systemic transmisogyny, sex work and trafficking, and sex education.
● Build relationships and coordinate with staff and volunteers from partner organizations. ● Represent Gender Justice League at various coalition meetings and events to make sure our communities’ needs are considered as work moves forward.
● Follow up with tasks and commitments made in coalition meetings.
● Take a leadership role on event committees and assist with event planning.
● Coordinate major events, such as Trans Pride Seattle and the Gender Justice Awards, which may include working on occasional weekends and evenings.
● 3-5 years of combined education, volunteer, life, and/or work experience in social justice advocacy and event planning.
● Extensive, demonstrable experience in navigating systems of oppression (including lived experience), such as racism, transmisogyny, and houselessness.
● Documented experience conveying personal stories, social justice, or human rights concepts that motivate people in positions of power to take action.
● Current knowledge and experience of strategies and systems for legislative, political, and other policy advocacy.