Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity and Representation: GSBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce. The mission of GSBA is to combine business development, leadership and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all. GSBA proudly serves as a connector across the region, bringing communities together through business while advocating for civil rights and small business. GSBA also promotes LGBTQ+ tourism through Travel Out Seattle, advocates for small businesses in Seattle’s Capitol Hill Neighborhood through the Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), and invests in the next generation of LGBTQ+ and allied leaders through the GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund.
Scholarship & Education Program Manager Job Description
The Scholarship Program Manager is a key position for the GSBA Scholarship Fund. This person is responsible on a daily basis for the overall management of the GSBA Scholarship Fund’s program, including student application and interview process; alumni engagement; and working with the Development Director by supporting the donor and scholarship databases (Bloomerang, Greater Giving & Foundant) and volunteer coordination.
The Scholarship Program Manager is an organized, natural self-starter with an interest in education, working with a diverse student population and being able to develop excellent systems and operations. GSBA is looking for a Candidate that wants a fun, inclusive, collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment, surrounded by a passionate team committed to social justice. An obsession to detail, the ability to anticipate problems, and a collaborative work ethic are critical in this role.
- Develop and maintain strong scholarship program operations (i.e. student application tracking systems, data management, application processing, application reminders and acknowledgements, etc.), using Foundant
- Maintain and update scholarship database including application tracking and updating contact information
- Manage and process all scholarship applications
- Ensure completeness and timely, meaningful acknowledgement for all applications received
- Support the application process from student outreach, through application review and scholar selection
- Support the outreach process to ensure goals for diversity, number of applicants and quality of applicant pool are achieved
- Support the review, modification and creation of policies and procedures for the Scholarship Program
- In collaboration with the Development Director and Deputy Director, develop, execute, and assess a plan for Scholar Alumni Engagement Program with the purpose of maintaining contact with current and past students to increase their engagement with GSBA
- Manage Scholarship Fund email account
- Process all scholar retention-focused micro-grant requests.
- Chair the Leadership Development Task Force to generate Leadership Academy learning outcomes, program structure, and curriculum.
- Survey and assess the effectiveness of scholar programming to continually improve program offerings and meet the diverse leadership development and community building needs of scholars
- Serve as the main point of contact for all GSBA scholars
Volunteer Outreach & Management
- Identify, cultivate and maintain a volunteer pool to support the Scholarship Fund, specifically for the Annual Scholarship Cycle, EQUALUX and Scholars Celebration
- Coordinate and train scholarship volunteers on day of scholarship events
Logistics & Major Events Support
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, Events Production Manager, and VP of Development, coordinate logistics and support for Scholarship Selection and Interview Days, Leadership Academy, and other fundraising or donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Participate in all aspects of the GSBA team to support colleagues and positively promote both the Chamber and the Scholarship Fund
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
This is an exempt, salary position starting at $60K. Excellent employer paid benefits medical and dental, coverage along with short-term disability insurance and option to invest in an individual retirement account with an employer match.
- GSBA is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
- In your letter of interest, please include the following for your application to be considered: How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to anti-racism and equity internally and externally?
- Send letter of interest and resume and how you heard about this position to: Rachel Chernin, VP Operations & Dir. of Finance Please include “Scholarship Education & Program Manager” in the subject line of your email.
- The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received, and the position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. Therefore recommended, that you submit your materials as soon as possible.