From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Starbucks will continue the tradition to have a strong supplier diversity and inclusion program. As part of this initiative, a new Sourcing Specialist Sr. role has been created. We are looking for a passionate, self-driven, committed person to help Starbucks expand and become even more impactful to deliver against new and compelling commitments in the Supplier Diversity and Inclusion space. This person will work with our suppliers, internal functions, other business, and industry groups to build a strong and enduring program that impacts our suppliers, their employees and communities.
For this role, Starbucks needs a strong, experienced senior sourcing specialist to develop, gain alignment and deploy strategy that help to bolster this multifaceted program. This person will be required to influence across Starbucks to learn, develop plans and deliver against our program goals. This program will include developing an aligned set of criteria, plans and actions that will be monitored, along with implementation of tools that help grow and track this important work. Work will also include partner and supplier training and support, in addition to reporting.
As a partner, you will…
- Responsible for the development, management, advancement & activation of Tier 2 program participants
- Develop an internal/external communication strategy to elevate the awareness of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion and to grow the prospective supplier pipeline
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, manage multiple SDI projects, and act as a sourcing consultant to cross-functional teams for projects
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from people with:
- In depth knowledge and experience in creating a vision, mission and strategy for large, complex multifaceted programs and associated project plans and budgets
- Supplier/supply chain management, and Supplier Diversity & Inclusion experience
- Self-starting leadership qualities that include communications across Starbucks, external suppliers, and any related entities
- Ability to work through ambiguity with diverse client groups to deliver a comprehensive strategy, program and related project plans that delivers against company objectives
Learn more and apply.
- Education (minimum education level, degree, or certification necessary): Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or another related field preferred
- Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills (minimum needed to be qualified): 0-2+ years procurement, analytics, finance, planning, engineering, supply chain or other relevant experience preferred.