For more information please visit: https://poachedjobs.com/jobs/seattle-wa-floor-jobs-flight-wine-chocolate-tasting-room-associate/?from=jobs&rec=false
Flight Wine + Chocolate is a new, growing small business specializing in Washington wines and house-made artisan dark chocolates. Flight is located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, and is open Friday - Sunday, 12-7pm.
Tasting Room Associate is a part-time position requiring weekend and holiday shifts - about 20 hours per week, Friday - Sunday, with the opportunity for more hours as the business grows. We are searching for an enthusiastic individual to join the two co-owners currently running the business. The tasting room associate candidate must be at least 21 years of age and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Competitive wages offered plus tips.
• Professional, personable, welcoming, with excellent hospitality and customer service focus.
• Enthusiastic, passionate and an astute listener.
• Positive attitude in customer interactions and with co-workers.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Regular afternoon / early evening, weekend and Holiday shifts required (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
• Flexibility in an ever-changing fast paced environment.
• Previous wine tasting room experience preferred.
• Interest in wine and chocolate.
General Duties and Responsibilities: (This list is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.)
• Ensure all visitors are greeted in a timely fashion and leave with a positive, memorable experience.
• Wash and buff glassware, dishware, and flatware.
• Complete food orders according to presentation guidelines.
• Provides and receives clear, on-going communication to other staff members.
• Maintains a clean, spotless work environment.
• Serves as a busser for tables, clearing off used dishes, wiping down tables, and refilling water for customers as necessary.
• Communicates any customer needs to other staff members.
• Follows all King County Health Department food handling rules.
• Assists with closing routines as directed by management.
• Replenish wine and merchandise as needed - ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
• General housekeeping duties to ensure the appearance and cleanliness of the tasting room are up to standard.
• Follow all rules of the WSLCB.
• Some food prep and serving is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Valid Washington State MAST Class 12 Permit.
• Valid Washington State Food Worker Card.
• COVID-19 Vaccinated.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Ability to read, understand and comprehend instructions, correspondences and memos.
Flight Wine + Chocolate is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.