Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We will always be genuine and authentic, engaging in truthful interactions for the betterment of our communities, the people there, and their wallets.
Traditionally, banking is more about the increase of short-term profits. At Verity, we are looking at the long-term effects of our decisions and how they impact staff, members, and the communities we serve. Verity understands that a strong community is made up of strong individuals, and a thriving community helps its residents thrive. As individuals we are strong, but as a team, we have the ability to be exceptional. Join our team and be a part of the Verity difference.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
The Community Branch Manager is the primary liaison between Verity and the community our branch serves. This position will fulfill Verity’s mission by creating meaningful relationships with individuals and businesses, identifying opportunities for Verity to help build the strength and viability of the community, and building Verity’s reputation in the community. This position is responsible for building a strong team that reflects the needs of the community, driving business development and community engagement efforts, and ensuring the achievement of branch objectives and sales, service, and profitability goals. The Community Branch Manager will be collaborative and relationship focused, thrive in a dynamic environment, and possess exceptional ability inspiring performance and delivering results by working through people.
Verity's West Seattle Branch will be opening during Summer 2018. We are looking to hire this location's Community Branch Manager in advance now to be an integral part in opening this branch and establishing Verity's relationship with our new neighbors in the West Seattle community. This role will onboard and train at current branches, build their branch team, and help with operational support in the lead up to this branch's opening.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
Community Engagement and Business Development
- Create and deploy business development and community engagement action plans that lead to the achievement of branch goals.
- Cultivate relationships with local businesses and community organizations, and identify and provide support for community initiatives, events, and needs.
- Provide insight into how our operations and product offerings can serve the needs of the community, and how we can increase our engagement and impact within the community.
Member Experience and Sales
- Develop and deploy branch action plans that lead to the achievement of sales, service, and profitability goals.
- Create a culture where branch staff embrace Verity’s values and experience standards, successfully uncover member needs, and create trusted relationships with members and the community.
Building and Developing Teams
- Develop and empower a team that can successfully enhance members’ financial lives when the Community Branch Manager is pursuing outside relationships and initiatives.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and develop branch team members who are self-motivated, resourceful, and capable of consistently delivering results.
- Hold regular team and one-on-one meetings, mentor staff toward professional growth goals, write and deliver timely performance reviews, and effectively resolve staff issues.
- Accountable for maintaining quality branch operations that lead to a satisfactory audit and low risk rating.
- Demonstrate effective risk based decision-making that mitigate controllable losses.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Click here for more information.
- Attending the job during regular business hours is a requirement of this position
- Some off-hour and off-site work, meetings, and events will be required