Disclaimer of Endorsement
The publication of advertisements on any GSBA-owned site does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee by the Chamber, its members, associates or staff of the quality or value of the advertised services or products or of the claims made for such services or products.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the GSBA its members, associates or staff. Similarity to or reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, may be used in simple honorary comparisons and does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring of its members, associates, or staff by the holders, owners, associates of the mentioned specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or manufacturer.
The mention, or lack of mention, of any service, or company shall not be considered as either a positive or negative endorsement of or comment about such service, or company. At most it expresses our knowledge or ignorance of the information.
The information provided in GSBA workshops, training, or events do not, nor is it intended to, constitute legal, medical, or other professional advice. Information, content, and materials are intended for general information purposes only.
Opinions expressed are the speakers’ own and do not necessarily reflect the view of the GSBA. GSBA does not verify for accuracy any of the information contained herein.
Membership Code of Conduct
All GSBA members agree to uphold the following standards:
We, as members of GSBA, strive to recognize, promote, and improve LGBTQ+ and allied business and the LGBTQ+ and allied business community and to that end, agree to be honor-bound by these Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics:
- A member will conduct business with honesty, integrity, and fairness with respect to customers, clients, and employees alike.
- A member will be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act for the customer’s or client’s best interest and benefit.
- A member will not discriminate based upon race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- A member will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business and its products or services.
- A member will not use or condone advertising which is untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors, or which contains insincere offers to sell, nor advertising which as a whole, may be misleading or result in misrepresentation by direct statement, inference, or omission.
- A member will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- A member will support the ideals and goals of this organization, as well as support the LGBTQ+ and allied community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
Meeting Photo and Events Policy
GSBA meetings, programs, and events (events) are generally open to all Members and registered guests, including staff and volunteers.
By attending our events you acknowledge and agree to grant GSBA and organizations affiliated with the Chamber, and authorized representatives the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate without restriction, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to the Chamber and its affiliated organizations includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
GSBA captures photos/videos at all of our events for educational and marketing purposes in including on our social media platforms and website. By registering for any Chamber event, you have granted permission for our use of these images. If you do not wish to have your photograph used, please contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org, or notify the onsite event organizers.
Individuals may request to have photos of themselves removed from Chamber publications and communication channels by contacting email@example.com. However, the Chamber acknowledges no obligation to comply.
Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of attendees is our highest concern. GSBA is committed to a safe and enjoyable in-person event experience for all attendees. With the current state of the pandemic, we continue to monitor the most recent health guidelines from public health agencies and to follow protocols set forth by them.
GSBA has implemented the following protocols, in agreement with current State protocols:
We ask all attendees to be fully vaccinated. We reserve the right to ask attendees to provide proof of vaccination OR show a negative COVID-19 test result in the past 72 hours upon arriving at the event. The attendee will provide a physical or digital proof of vaccination or test at registration.
All event attendees should be diligent in following all CDC guidelines. If an individual is feeling sick, please stay home.
Masks are welcome at all GSBA events and functions but no longer required. We encourage you to make the choice that best meets your safety needs.
If you feel more comfortable and choose to wear a mask, we respect your decision to do so. Event attendees will respect others who opt to wear a mask.