A Red Carpet LGBTQ+ Event!
Thank you for joining us on the red carpet for The GSBA Impact Awards as we honored businesses, non-profits and community leaders who exemplify the highest standards of their profession, promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace, demonstrate leadership and invest time and resources into their community.
The reception and ceremony were be held at McCaw Hall on Thursday March 2, beginning at 5 pm, and were hosted by Deaunte Damper and Besa Gordon from Coverge Media. Guests had a chance to mingle, enjoy entertainment and hors d’oeuvres before the awards were presented shortly after 6pm. Nominees were selected in six categories ranging from Corporate Leader of the Year to Small Business of the year and recipients were announced live at the ceremony. A seventh award- a Lifetime Impact Award was awarded to Louise Chernin, former CEO and President of GSBA for her amazing legacy across the National LGBTQ+ business landscape.
The 2023 Nominees and Recipients were:
- GSBA Non-Profit of the Year- Visit Bainbridge Island, Northeast Seattle Together, Three Dollar Bill Cinema, LGBTQ+ Center
- 2023 Recipient: LGBTQ+ Center
- Capitol Hill Business Alliance, Business of the Year– Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing, Capitol Thrill, Perfect Copy and Print, Union
- 2023 Recipient: Perfect Copy and Print
- GSBA Corporate Leader of The Year– Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, T-Mobile, Brooks, Rover
- 2023 Recipient: T-Mobile
- GSBA Micro-Business of The Year- Glitter and Gold Studio, Catalyst Café, The Curious Seedling, Mx. Pucks A’Plenty
- 2023 Recipient: Mx. Pucks A’Plenty
- GSBA Leadership Award- Lewis Rudd (Ezell’s Chicken), Mona Smith PLCC, Joey Burgess and Murf Hall (The Burgess Hall Group), Omari Salisbury (Converge Media)
- 2023 Recipient: Joey Burgess and Murf Hall (The Burgess Hall Group)
- BECU Small Business of the Year- Queen Anne Beerhall, Café Flora/Floret/Flora Bakehouse, Bite Society, Lumenomics
- 2023 Recipient: Queen Anne Beerhall
We could not maintain and continue a program as extensive as this one without the generous support of our amazing sponsors.
Thank you to Presenting Sponsor Carter Subaru, our Small Business of The Year Award Sponsor BECU, as well as additional event sponsors: Symetra, JP Morgan Chase, Alaska Airlines and Swire Coca-Cola, and our Event Media Partner: The Seattle Times
Follow Us On Social Media