Volunteer with Us
We need volunteers to help support us on day-of events:
EQUALUX: Taste of GSBA
Our signature event, this gala dinner and auction spotlights member restaurants, bars and caterers coming together to raise money for the GSBA Scholarship Fund.
The GSBA Impact Awards
The GSBA Impact Awards recognize excellence, leadership and philanthropy in the GSBA business and nonprofit communities.
GSBA Scholars Celebration Brunch
GSBA celebrates the best and brightest LGBTQ+ and allied students by awarding educational scholarships at this inspirational and unforgettable brunch event.
GSBA hosts and participates in various community events throughout the year. We’re always looking for more folks to help us out!
SCHOLARSHIP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Be a part of our GSBA Scholarship & Education program and take part in the powerful experience of investing in the next generation of leaders. Ways to get involved include:
- Provide a specialized lunch & learn workshop (noon, one hour in length, related to personal/professional growth)
- Be a presenter at Immersion Weekend (August 4-5)
- Provide a “job shadow” one-day experience for a small group of scholars (inside look at a workplace or profession)
- Participate in the scholarship review process (3 day commitment, January/February/April)
- Provide an internship opportunity exclusively for GSBA scholars
Our GSBA ambassadors promote the role of GSBA in the community by welcoming new members, encouraging current members to maximize their membership and assisting in increasing engagement of new and existing members.
Mission: To promote the voice of the GSBA, through a cadre of impeccable individuals, who support proactive outreach, compassionate leadership, and an informed diplomacy that upholds equality and inclusion within the LGBTQ and allied business community and beyond.
Our current ambassadors are waiting to welcome you at the next GSBA event.
- Anquida Adams, A.L.A. Consulting Firm
- Jason Bergevin, Holmquist & Gardiner PLLC
- Kevin Bohnert, Windermere Real Estate
- Randy Card
- Kyle Curtis, Liberty Mutual
- Rollie Garner, Garner Tax Consulting, PLLC
- David Hernández, New York Life Insurance Company
- Treyvon King, Pacific Medical Center
- Chris Kuhel
- Rob Macauley, 1st Security Bank
- Christa Kemp, 1st Security Bank
- Caroline Millet, Career Paths NW
- Jill Nichols-Hicks, Isagenix
- Tomoyuki Uehara, New York Life Insurance Company
- Ashley White, Lola’s Cuisine
- Paul Wright, Moss Adams
Volunteer with GSBA
There are all sorts of ways volunteers support the organization – from helping set up an event to helping select our next cohort of scholars – and both in-person and online. Please complete the volunteer interest form to be added to our volunteer pool.