Porter Novelli is a global public relations agency that combines the power of immersion with the rigor of data to create a deeper human insight that transforms the opinions, beliefs and behaviors of those who matter most to our clients. Porter Novelli people are passionate about creating big and bold change through the power of influence, by staying one step ahead of trends in media, technology and consumer behavior, thereby guiding our clients towards positive, game changing innovation.
Seattle is looking for an energetic and smart intern to join us immediately. Our interns act as fully integrated members of account teams and will be assigned a mentor for support and guidance in helping them get acclimated into the Public Relations industry and business environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assist in the development of written materials including press kits, pitch letters, coverage recaps, press releases and general client correspondence.
• Help coordinate meetings, special events and conferences.
• Develop and regularly update media lists and editorial calendars.
• Monitor media coverage and trends.
• Create and maintain coverage reports.
• Research consumer and marketplace trends.
• Provide additional support to teams or office as necessary.
• Participate in office wide initiatives, including professional development and brainstorm sessions.
• Regularly meet with assigned mentor for support and guidance.
Knowledge And Skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary.
• Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Solid critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments.
• Positive, professional, and flexible attitude that lends itself to quality client service.
• Proficiency with MS Office and Internet research is required.
Work Experience And Education
• Recent graduate or student in final semester of course work.
• Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or other PR related course study preferred.
Only Candidates Who Meet The Requirements Will Be Contacted.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.