Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We will always be genuine and authentic, engaging in truthful interactions for the betterment of our communities, the people there, and their wallets.
Traditionally, banking is more about the increase of short-term profits. At Verity, we are looking at the long-term effects of our decisions and how they impact staff, members, and the communities we serve. Verity understands that a strong community is made up of strong individuals, and a thriving community helps its residents thrive. As individuals we are strong, but as a team, we have the ability to be exceptional. Join our team and be a part of the Verity difference.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
The Member Consultant II is responsible for enhancing our members’ lives by creating trusted relationships. This position will bring our experience standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do business, finding ways to say “yes’, and valuing our members’ time. The Member Consultant II is primarily responsible for all member engagement including loan and account origination, new member onboarding, and cross-selling additional products and services to empower our members’ financial lives. This position will also assist with in-branch transactions and member service requests to ensure a seamless member experience.
The highest performing individuals in this role are agile and service-focused, thrive in a dynamic team environment, and have exceptional interactive communication, decision making and problem solving skills. This position is similar to a personal banker position, but in the context of Verity's not-for-profit cooperative structure and member-focused culture.
Verity's West Seattle Branch will be opening during Summer 2018. We are looking to hire this in advance so the chosen candidate can be an integral part in opening this branch and establishing Verity's relationship with our new neighbors in the West Seattle community. This role will onboard and train at current branches and help with operational support in the lead up to this branch's opening.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member to understand their goals and help them build a plan to take action.
- Originate, process, and onboard new members.
- Originate, process and fund consumer, mortgage, and business loans.
- Capture relevant member information and input it into our CRM system.
- Protect our members’ confidence by adhering to security and compliance procedures.
- Value our members’ time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Assists with the branch operations, audits, and opening/closing procedures.
- Collaborates with branch team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance, communication, management or equivalent years of related experience.
Minimum 3 years of financial industry experience.
Community/Business development experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong sales, networking and business development skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards.
Ability to work independently and with a team.
Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
Present positive and professional image to staff and members.
Problem solving skills.
Click here for more information.