Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love, support, and comfort of a committed family – as quickly as possible, and for as long as the child needs. We work with foster families who are committed to caring for children, whether for a month, a year, or a lifetime.
Bring your initiative and enthusiasm for fostering an internal culture based on Amara’s values: inclusiveness, hope, courageous leadership, and perseverance. The Operations Manager is part of the Administrative team and focuses internally to strengthen, streamline, and support our internal administrative systems. This includes providing support for our volunteer Board of Directors.
Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive for equity and justice in the way people are treated and the opportunities they have to succeed by working to address racism, unequal treatment and other barriers to inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds (including communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities) to apply and join us in our work.
The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and works closely with all Amara programs. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management of the Administrative Support Specialist
- Assist with employee recruitment sourcing and screening
- Oversee Human Resources administration and tracking to ensure compliance with state licensing and labor requirements
- Administration of employee benefit programs
- Strengthen and improve new employee onboarding and orientations
- Oversee internal IT needs and assist with database management
- Planning monthly all-staff meetings as well as employee engagement events
- Liaison for Board of Directors
- Provide program administrative backup
- Lead or assist in project-based operational improvements across Amara programs
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years administrative program experience or 10 years administrative program experience
- One or more years supervisory experience is a plus
- Human Resources experience or exposure is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to keep strict confidentiality
- Experience planning and overseeing events and meetings
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills in all forms whether in person, on the phone or in writing
- The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities, ages, religions, races, ethnicities, cultures, economic classes, and lifestyles
Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life and disability insurance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY