Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal seeks a creative and motivated Outreach Coordinator (full-time) to develop and implement a strong constituency outreach program.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Demonstrated record of advocating for progressive values
- Strong ties to key constituencies in the Seventh Congressional District
- Knowledge of issues and events in the district in which the Congresswoman has been involved
- Understanding of the federal legislative process
- Previous experience working as an issue/community organizer or for an elected an elected official
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Willingness to work weekends and irregular hours
- Ability to speak other languages
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the representative for the Congresswoman within his or her area of responsibility including answering correspondence, meeting with constituents, verbal communications with constituents
- Acts as a liaison to local, state and federal officials and other persons or groups to form effective relationships for the Congresswoman
- Speaking at events and meetings on the Congresswoman’s behalf,
- Monitoring important community issues for the Congresswoman and working with other district and DC staff on projects
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, new Americans, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include your full name and “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.