Under general direction, responsible for maintaining the quality of Sound Transit’s external websites, rider tools, email platform and intranet by identifying and implementing needed improvements based on user research and analytics. Analyzes, interprets and reports on data gathered from analytics software and site visitor feedback to recommend and prioritize needed functional and usability improvements; acts as product owner for digital marketing platforms. Promotes Sound Transit’s services, news, and capital projects while growing site traffic and maintaining site accessibility, improving user experience and assessing search engine optimization to ensure high ratings
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Acts as content manager for soundtransit.org; edits web content, uploads and categorizes documents, edits and posts visual assets and video, edits and sends email newsletters, creates and deploys surveys, provides production support for all digital marketing projects.
• Compiles reporting and analytics for all digital marketing efforts; gathers and interprets data using multiple reporting tools, proposes adjustments based on data-driven insights to optimize soundtransit.org and drive traffic.
• Leads ongoing SEO and content improvements; manages and monitors Google Marketing Platform (including Analytics, Data Studio, Tag Manager and Search Console) to ensure site accessibility.
• Develops and maintains a website maintenance strategy that ensures a high-quality user experience and keeps pace with changing technology; stays abreast of changing digital technology to integrate into the overall digital strategic plan.
• Prioritizes and manages the backlog of identified issues to define product and usability enhancements; in collaboration with web development team, works to implement improvements that meet site visitor needs and reflect agency priorities
• Develops knowledge of emerging web platforms and tools, evaluates their usefulness in attaining conversion and traffic generation goals. Monitors shifting trends in web and as well as changes in platforms.
• Participates in planning and implementation of web-related projects including content management upgrades, visual redesign, functional adjustments, and new applications both with intra-departmental staff and external vendors.
• Provides support to the team on matters as directed; serves as staff on a variety of committees as assigned; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence; attends and participates in professional group meetings; ensures processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensures accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, Agency policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
• Upholds best practices using the principles of Plain Talk for Government.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in marketing, business administration, or closely related field and six years of experience managing online products; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Valid state driver’s license.
Required Knowledge of:
• Website content management systems (Drupal a plus).
• Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Data Studio, Optimize, Tag Manager, Search Console).
• Digital marketing strategies.
• Search engine optimization (SEO).
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development framework.
• SharePoint and Jira software tools a plus.
Required Skill in:
• Assessing needs of customers and stakeholders; delivering improvements to web site content and usability based on research.
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Project management, organization, prioritization and time management.
• Written and verbal communication skills; Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Customer service skills; maintaining confidentiality and communicating with tact and diplomacy.
• Learning and understanding new technologies quickly and applying to marketing principles.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Team oriented – ability to work with many different customers (internal and external) in a positive, light-hearted manner.
• Strong critical thinking ability.
• Principles of user-centered design methodology a plus.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
• The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.