Are you making a difference in your community?
GSBA awards educational scholarships to LGBTQ and straight-ally students who are committed to making a difference in the world. Our scholarships range up to $13,000 annually and are meant to provide significant support as you pursue your educational goals.
As a GSBA Scholar, you:
- receive money for tuition and fees mailed directly to your university/college.
- become a part of our growing scholar family and form lasting bonds with other LGBTQ change makers.
- have access to leadership development training and skill building.
- are supported by over 1,000 LGBT and allied business leaders, small business owners, elected officials, nonprofit executives, educators and corporate partners.
As a GSBA Scholar, you are receiving more than a monetary award. Scholars are chosen for their proven leadership skills, strong academic achievement and commitment to making a positive difference in the world. We want you, as a GSBA scholar, to take advantage of the many resources available to you through our membership and community connections. Learn more about those here
GSBA’s Commitment to You
- Your scholarship will be renewed each year of your undergraduate career, barring any extraordinary circumstances, and on condition that the degree is completed within a reasonable amount of time.
- We will provide complimentary access to all GSBA networking events, including Prime Time mixers, Young Professionals with Pride (YPP) mixers, Women on Top mixers and business luncheons. We will also provide opportunities to attend our annual galas at a reduced cost or as a volunteer.
- We plan to invest in your leadership development throughout your time as a GSBA Scholar. Leadership programs are being developed on a continuous basis and will be offered at various times throughout the year.
- As part of a chamber of commerce, we want to connect you with resources in our community. We will make every effort to connect you with supportive people and organizations, especially those who can help further your professional development. We encourage you to reach out to us and provide feedback.
GSBA Scholars are required to sign the GSBA Scholarship Agreement.