Whether you are a GSBA member business or not, we are here for you. If you have questions about eligibility for the state's assistance grants, how to fill out an application, or other forms of assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 16, 2021
- King County announces new vaccine requirements
for many businesses and events.
September 10, 2021
- President Biden has announced a 6-pronged national strategy
to combat COVID-19, including stricter vaccination requirements (incl. for business with 100+ employees), keeping schools safe, increasing testing and requiring masking, and supporting small businesses during the ongoing challenges.
September 7, 2021
- Vaccine and masking requirements continue to change. King County requires masks at large outdoor events
. Jefferson and Clallam counties require all restaurant and bar patrons
to show proof of vaccination. The WA Dept. of Health is updating their guidance on masking
August 28, 2021
- Governor Inslee has reinstated an indoor mask requirement and made vaccinations mandatory for certain education and healthcare workers
The statewide utility shutoff moratorium
has been extended until Sept. 30, 2021. The statewide eviction moratorium is in a "bridge" period
to give tenants and landlords time and resources to prepare for the end of the moratorium on Sept. 30, 2021.
Relief for Businesses & Nonprofits
Support and direct assistance for your workplace - includes small businesses, nonprofits, performers, freelancers, gig workers, and more
WA Department of Commerce
FLEX FUND LOAN PROGRAM
Low-interest loans up to $150,000 for WA small businesses and nonprofits.
WA Department of Labor & Industries
Safety & Health Investment Projects (SHIP) Grants
The two grant programs to fund ideas that prevent workplace injuries and projects for developing and implementing Return-to-Work programs for injured workers. Open until Oct 29.
Festival & Events Fund
$1.9 million in funds to support the re-opening of festivals and events in King County. Open until November 11, 2021. Application available in English and Spanish.
SBA COVID Relief Options
- Shuttered Venues
- Restaurant Revitalization
- SBA Debt Relief
Dept. of Commerce: Working Washington
Border Business Relief Program
For customer-facing businesses with $5M or less revenue experiencing hardship due to border restrictions. Must be located in Clallam, Jefferson, San Juan, Island, Skagit, Whatcom, Okanogan, Ferry, Stevens or Pend Oreille counties.
Reopening & Recovery
CDC: Workplace Guidance & Strategies. Includes returning to work, post-vaccine concerns, FAQs, and more.
- WA Workplace Safety Guidelines
- WA Reopening Guidance, incl. Healthy WA Reopening Plan, mask guidance, signage, and more.
- Lease Amendment Toolkit (Seattle OED, Perkins Coie, Communities Rise) - information and template documents to help small businesses and nonprofit navigate the negotiation of their rent
- Economic Outlook: Roaring Back (Wells Fargo, presented on GSBA Rapid Response 6/8/21)
County, City, and Neighborhood-Specific Resources
Working Washington list of resources for small businesses by county in Washington
Vaccine Verification Requirements: Clallam, Jefferson, King
Eastside Recovery Hub - Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland, Redmond, Renton, Woodinville
Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
Seattle Office of Economic Development - Pandemic Resource Hub
Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce - Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac, and Tukwila
Important Info for Employers
Business.wa.gov - one-stop shop for WA small businesses around COVID-19
Resources for Employees
Access to public benefits, protections against discrimination, specific supports, and more